Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any smartphone gurus here? Need help with PIP android 8.1

StephenFord

I have a new smartphone running Android Oreo 8.1. I am trying to get 'picture in picture' a feature of this system, but it won't work. I have been in the 'advanced' settings and can see which of my apps support it, and the ones I tried, YouTube and BBC are all enabled. Basically, when I play a video in full screen, and tap the 'home' button, rather than the video being reduced and continue to play on the home screen, it simply stops the video and I get the home screen.

What am I doing wrong?

(Just a google photo to show a working PIP, and that my YouTube is PIP enabled...)

23804307_pipexample.thumb.png.c02d51cd8cbd4f5ac5a00e6bc1a8ed3e.png114837000_YouTubePIP.thumb.png.9732fa50f6b7d9eb1a3a77c47974996a.png

Have you tried any other PiP apps, just found this on google support site:

Picture-in-picture is only available to:
  • YouTube Premium members on Android mobile devices, worldwide.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7552722?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

It's a WileyFox Swift 2 plus, and was bought from Ideal World whose on screen TV demo clearly showed a 'live' PIP in operation. Obviously, they could have 'rigged' it, but it is unlikely.

No I don't have 'premium', but plenty of internet discussion have it working with standard...

Just now, StephenFord said:

No I don't have 'premium', but plenty of internet discussion have it working with standard...

Only in the US if you follow the link I posted.

Well, what do you know! Have just stumbled across a further 'PIP' discussion, and I can now get it to work. The 'secret' is to open the video via Google Chrome. So, if you open YouTube in the browser, them expand to full screen, then hit 'home' button, Robert is indeed my Uncle. I hate 'technology' when I don't know how to use the darn thing...

The youtube app is blocked for PiP outside the US unless you have YT premium, so you're just using the browsers PiP feature instead. 😉

mmm... maybe we could trade that feature for some chlorinated chicken LOL 🤣

I wonder if I could trouble you again over something pretty trivial  as you can see, I have only just upgraded from a rather elderly Nokia LOL The 'contacts' in my phone all have been assigned seemingly random colours. Is there any specific relation to contact/colour, and can you change an allocated colour?

236975741_colourcontacts.thumb.jpg.4629a36d8ee046b806afb8cc56bc0481.jpg

It's randomly assigned as far as I know, you can set a profile picture for each contact to override it, but I don't know of anyway to change the colour it uses.

• Like 1

Yep all random.
I have pictures on as many of mine as possible.
Looks much tidier.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You know, I've just realised, if you look at the forum listing here, all the posters without profile pictures, have similar random colours! Must have been a software job lot from MicroSoft LOL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club