Sign in to follow this  
Sam Richards 231

Mk8 Fiesta St Line wipers

Hello im just wondering if anyone can help me what it is i have a MK8 fiesta st line and i want to enable auto winder wipers im just wondering what i need and if it can be done 

thanks sam 

I'm suprised an ST line doesn't have them,  the first position on the wiper stalk is normally auto and you can adjust the sensitivity with rotary part of the stalk. but you need basically a new windscreen with sensors a new stalk possibly wiring

The ST-L only got rain sensing wipers some time late last year afaik, the X had them at launch.

I didn't find them great, tbh, you can turn it off in settings and it then becomes a normal intermittent wipe, which I and others have done. 

Ok thank you i was just looking if i could enable them through forscan.

Is the rain sensor the same one as the auto lights sensor or do i need to get another sensor ?.

24 minutes ago, Sam Richards 231 said:

Ok thank you i was just looking if i could enable them through forscan.

Is the rain sensor the same one as the auto lights sensor or do i need to get another sensor ?.

i think its a different sensor, I have auto wipers/lights on my X and it has 3 sensors 

3 hours ago, mitch84 said:

i think its a different sensor, I have auto wipers/lights on my X and it has 3 sensors 

Yep, I have 3 sensors i on my ST- L X, which are behind the interior mirror on Windscreen.

Auto lights, Auto wiper sensors, then below that, the Traffic sign camera/detector.

1 minute ago, Jim H said:

Yep, I have 3 sensors i on my ST- L X, which are behind the interior mirror on Windscreen.

Auto lights, Auto wiper sensors, then below that, the Traffic sign camera/detector.

ok thank you 

If you want all the extras adding, I have to ask, why not just get the "X" model in the first place? Everything will be there, everything will be enabled, everything will work and will (I guess) be cheaper than buying all the add on equipment seperately and fit it or have it fitted.

I thought the rain & light sensor were the same thing. I thought it was only programming that changed the functionality.  All my previous Titanium & above Fords only had the one sensor and both functions.  Our Trend only has auto lights and was thinking if it just reprogramming then it is a job for later.

If you've only got auto lights, that probably just uses the dash mounted sensor?

Auto wipers needs a glass contact sensor on the screen, both light and rain is incorporated into the windscreen sensor.  The others are a radar for cruise/auto city stop and a camera for traffic sign recognition and lane guidance.