Sign in to follow this  
gillyallan

Can key fob be upgraded (keyless)

Can my key fob be upgraded to new style of not emitting signal when still which I believe newer ford's have?

Mine is 2017 mk3. 5

If it can any idea price.

I'm looking at a car at the weekend for a friend that doesn't like keyless entry, it's a Titanium X 2015, and I believe it *could* be as simple as pulling a fuse in the boot but I'm unsure if it will work so easily yet but will let you know.

It's a fuse listed as just the keyless entry, so the usual button locking/unlocking should work as normal with no detriment.

Will update as I find out more if the storm doesn't put the journey off..

1 hour ago, gillyallan said:

Can my key fob be upgraded to new style of not emitting signal when still which I believe newer ford's have?

Mine is 2017 mk3. 5

If it can any idea price.

Comares 2001 is right about price. It is another £70 odd to have it programmed. Very expensive replacement. I didn’t know you couldn’t replace slightly older car keys. 

I'm looking at a car at the weekend for a friend that doesn't like keyless entry, it's a Titanium X 2015, and I believe it *could* be as simple as pulling a fuse in the boot but I'm unsure if it will work so easily yet but will let you know.

It's a fuse listed as just the keyless entry, so the usual button locking/unlocking should work as normal with no detriment.

I like keyless entry. It's the older fobs like mine emit thier code constantly I don't like as open to scanning. The new ones switch off after a while until they sense movement and then come to life. For the most this avoids scanning and nicking off your driveway.

The reason I asked is the article I had read said some manufacturers offer to convert for free or a small charge. Obviously not Ford then.

If you buy a decent ELM lead to connect to the OBD and install Forscan you can switch keyless (passive) entry off yourself

12 hours ago, WireyWhenWet said:

Still leaves the hatch keyless, see #5

https://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/563443-disabling-some-conveniences/?hl=%2Bkeyless+%2Bentry