Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Puma ST Line X First Edition - First Impressions

RMB

It's the Puma launch at my local dealer next weekend...  Might treat myself to a day out! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wdf76 said:

@RMB Just wondering how you're getting on with the Puma generally. Are you happy with your decision? I'm looking forward to getting mine. 

I had a pint with a couple of mates today, whilst watching the rugby I told them I'd changed my car. They were like Brenda from Bristol. "What.... Another one....." 😁😁. When I told them I'd traded for a Puma they had no idea what it is. 

This new Ford is still well below the radar...

Hi Wayne,

Yes, I am very happy with the Puma.  I’m very much in “play mode” at present getting to understand all the new features.  The Puma is lovely to drive. Good responsive steering. Good acceleration.  Very comfy too.

The YouTube review of the Puma by Autotrader is a must see.

I’m pretty sure you will enjoy your Puma.

• Like 1

Yesterday we were driving in the rain.  Car in front braked hard and the Puma’s collision warning came on.  You certainly can’t ignore it. Alarm ringing and Red light with message flashing took over the digital display. I bit like Dive Dive in a sub!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

If I'm understanding correctly, you depress the clutch, put it in reverse, let the clutch up and nothing happens, then have to depress and release the clutch again and it moves? Be interesting to see if Wayne's ( @Wdf76 ) does the same.

Update here about reversing. I engaged reverse and moved off without having to engage the clutch a second time. There were no pedestrians nearby.

6 hours ago, RMB said:

Update here about reversing. I engaged reverse and moved off without having to engage the clutch a second time. There were no pedestrians nearby.

Interesting. I wonder if what was happening was something to do with the stop/start system which seemed to operate very unobtrusively on my brief test drive. I think on the Puma it will operate even without the car coming to a complete halt, or being in neutral?

• Like 1

From my experience gents. Car defo needs to be either in neutral or clutch dipped for start/stop to work. Literally coasting to a stop from 4/5mph rather than actually being physically stopped at the lights etc. Obviously a decent battery charge and car not in sport mode for it to work. On the last test drive I got it to stop with climate set to max. My Fiesta will not do that. That would tell me that the 12v 🔋 is suplimented by the 48v 🔋 

Update on my car; it's currently parked up at Liverpool transport and will not be released until this airbag fault is rectified. A safety bulletin from Ford indicates that a further announcement will be made from 10-14 days from the 7th. Not ideal. I was hoping to get mine this weekend. 

If you have yours, I guess you'll get a recall soon enough. 

So it's me and the ST for a few more days (may be weeks) yet, and there's not a lot of life left in my front tyres. 🤣😁

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, Wdf76 said:

@RMBIs there a setting to make the power tailgate open with your foot? I couldn't make it work at the dealers yesterday. Thanks. 

I have the same problem on mine,  I bought it yesterday.  Was this resolved?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club