Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new springs st line fiesta

steve1312

Hi all have a broken spring on the rear (pot hole) my local garage say they have changed quite a lot of late on my year of car 2016 suggesting poor quality springs from manufacture they have suggested changing both rears , I was thinking of fitting a set of Eibach lowering springs as garage says they have never had to replace a broken lowered spring I assume these are made stronger , have any of you guys had any broken lowered springs and what do you recommend in terms of lowered springs many thanks . 

Becareful buying lowering springs! The ST already has lowered springs so buying aftermarket lowering springs maywell increase the height of the ST!! Sounds daft but these aftermarket lowering springs are designed for the Zetec S & the standard Fiesta.

I read somewhere that an ST owner purchased a set of lowering springs, swapped them all over but it actually raised the car by 1 inch.

I'd go for a standard ST spring replacement.

Hi Ian thanks for your reply my car is not an st it is a st line (used to be known as the zetec s) yes the car is lowered by about 15mil I think compared to the standard zetec and I understand I can lower it further by about 20mil.Have been looking at the H&R springs lowering the car by 35mil.

• Like 1

Ford used to sell Eibach springs as an approved dealer fit accessory. I think the Eibach Pro springs would lower the car by a further 25-30mms or so, iirc.

Been looking on Eibach website they only show springs for the mk7 lowering by 25 mil and that will be 25 mil from standard considering the st line is already 10 or 15 mil lower I think than standard then I would only be lowering by another 10 or 15 mil not sure if this is worth it may give them a call on monday to see what they can offer.

Yes, given the state of the roads round here I don't think I'd want to drop mine any more, so I would think a chat with suppliers to see what's on offer would be helpful.

Going back a while now, but I think the Eibachs that Ford sold as accessories were for cars with standard suspension and lowered them about 30mm to around the same ride height as a Zetec S/ST-L. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, given the state of the roads round here I don't think I'd want to drop mine any more, 

That does need to be taken into consideration! Our Son goes over speed bumps etc really slowly, one of his friends who lowered his regretted it and smashed the lower section of his bumper/underside and the ride became so harsh it was untolerable, he soon refitted all the standard springs.

• Like 1

I've never snapped an Eibach...have snapped a cheap lowering spring though (GMaxx or Spax iirc).

I'm a fan of Eibachs tbf, had them on a few cars and can't complain.  I mainly chose them for ride comfort but they won't give any visual impact on an ST-Line, as you say will only be about 10mm drop...and your springs have probably sagged a bit by now anyway.

Yeah not really sure what to do, my thinking behind going Eibach or H&R is hoping they will be better made and their fore not brake .But this means changing all 4 corners and costing more than just changing the two on the rear.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, steve1312 said:

Yeah not really sure what to do,

Keep it standard mate.

• 2 weeks later...

ST Line/Zetec S are 10mm lower than standards. ST is 15mm lower than standard but with much higher spring rates. Eibach are one of the few manufacturers that have different lowering springs for ST and other Fiesta models, so make sure you choose the correct model. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club