Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power tailgate

Ali748

Anyone fitted a power liftgate  to a mk 8 fiesta,I have written to ford about fitting it ,but they say they will pass my suggestion on to their design team,so common people lets start a petition to ford,or if there are any mechanics or people with engineering experience who can do it,I mean ford can do it for the puma

Ford are no longer interested in "saloon" cars only SUV's They have dropped the KA+, the Fiesta range has been cut to a few models.

I wonder if anyone can do it? Its been done for the focus mk3 and the focus mk4 hatchback,I have spoken to aftermarket auppliers, for powered liftgates

Do you have an issue that means you need help opening the boot? Or is it case of you want it because other cars have it?

20 hours ago, Tiexen said:

Ford are no longer interested in "saloon" cars only SUV's They have dropped the KA+, the Fiesta range has been cut to a few models.

Probably didn’t sell many Ka+, which fiesta models have been cut? There’s still 10.

They're unlikely to get rid of their 2 biggest selling cars in Europe, unlike the US.

3 hours ago, MarksST said:

Probably didn’t sell many Ka+, which fiesta models have been cut? There’s still 10.

They're unlikely to get rid of their 2 biggest selling cars in Europe, unlike the US.

The KA coudn't meet the next set of emission regs
Ford has reduced its UK Fiesta model line-up from 92 trim variants to 55, raising the price of the cheapest model by £1700.

Never really got the whole point of automatic tail gates, each time I’ve seen it they’ve been quite slow so don’t really understand what you gain. Especially on a Fiesta where the tailgate is small and not heavy.

• 3 weeks later...

Its practical for when people go shopping,especially when its ***** down with rain,exit a store open the boot while your walking towards the car,stuff the shopping in and close the boot from inside the car,its an immense practical bit of kit,would sell well if a kit was available

But would it.....

I'll do you a power tailgate for £1750 Plus vat. When would you like to book your car in for the work?

• Haha 1

Tbf, despite not being a fan myself, I see why people like them. I don’t think people would go out and mass fit them as a retro fit though. 

I did come across this video so it seems like someone has had a go and made it work

Half way there is better than nothing! 😉 

• Like 2

Thats awesome,why couldnt ford do that? Or even offer it as an option,glad they have done with the puma,im saving up for one at the moment 

Got to say i will own up i did try this with them springs on my struts and was told by a few not to but i had to try and please ''DON'T DO IT''.

The springs have to compress so much when closed and be strong popped the one strut off and bent the screw on strut bracket which i had to get again,should of listened.

I do like the idea.

I will think ***** it and get a puma instead lol

• 4 weeks later...

Power tailgate would be a godsend these days,especially with coronavirus about

6 minutes ago, Ali748 said:

Power tailgate would be a godsend these days,especially with coronavirus about

Fully automated electric car with power doors and voice recognition so you don't have to touch anything would be ideal at the moment...  Just wave your foot under the sill to open the door then get in and say 'Car, drive to Tesco'... :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

I love fords foot operated tailgate,thats why im saving up for a puma

• 3 months later...

I found a company, not the same as the one used in that video with the red fiesta https://emeraldstruts.com/ They don't have a specific one for the MK8 yet, although i have emailed them to enquire.

They do have one for the MK7 & 7.5 so if anyone knows if they are still the same in the mk8 i suppose they would work? 

• 8 months later...

God forbid you have to open and close your own boot, you still have to get your fob out of your pocket to do it so I dont see the point. Surely if you need this you will also need your doors to open for you lol

Never seen the point in auto boot opening and closing either.

It takes fractions of a second to open the boot and then close it, then another couple of seconds to open the door, get in, close the door and start the car. 😆

I think if Ford could sell auto boots, they would offer it but probably don't have the demand for them.

We also test drove a Puma twice as the mrs was set on one but after driving it totally decided against it for another Fiesta albeit the Mhev.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ali748 said:

Anyone fitted a power liftgate  to a mk 8 fiesta,I have written to ford about fitting it ,but they say they will pass my suggestion on to their design team,so common people lets start a petition to ford,or if there are any mechanics or people with engineering experience who can do it,I mean ford can do it for the puma

I know a company that are doing this to the Ford Focus so maybe they will do the fiesta Check out Emeraldstruts

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds like a good idea,power tailgates are a godsend,