Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Injector Codes Engine Malfunction

Hi all new on here and my first post.

I have a 59 plate Focus Estate 1.6 TDi  and having issues with error code engine malfunction 

Codes are as follows Injector P2290 Fuel Rail P0087 is this a common fault or is it a sensor issue?

It may be worth throwing up a little more history and any symptoms you're having to help any of us try and give any opinions - Without anything like that it's literally a stab in the dark!

It's also worth noting that sites such as these ones are very helpful in helping to determine what they mean.

Your P0087 and P2290 for example would lead to me looking at the fuel supply, more particularly the fuel filter for an easier and cheaper fix, and the pump if I really had nothing else.

Again, without much history - That's about all I can offer really.

P.S. Welcome!

Hi there i changed fuel filter and pump last october when i first had this fault, it cleared but now it comes back could it be supermarket fuel?

I know some people say supermarket fuel causes problems but on my previous 1.6tdci fiesta I used supermarket diesel for 145k miles and never had any problems from the fuel (fuel filter first changed at 115k miles when it was going into limp mode for low fuel pressure)  and on my  current 1.5tdci I have done over 50k on supermarket diesel (car is on 62k and not had fuel filter changed yet)

Loss of power limp mode i believe its called also revswont go over 300rpm and seems sluggish

Ensure that the filter is seated correctly and they're a royal pain in the deriere if the seal isn't *quite* right, it introduces very tiny amounts of air in to the system. For sakes of trying a quick fix, clean off your MAF sensor too.

Supermarket fuel should be fine in that, they have detergents just the same as all other fuels, it's just premium adds particular ones that add overall better cleaning or combustion properties.

Throw in some Tesco or Costco (definitely recommend that!) Premium if you can, the additive package is proven to actually clean back the injectors and fuel system, for diesel actually better than the Shell stuff. (although by no means am I knocking Shell!). They both are supplied and the additive package is made by Greenergy, very very good fuel for the money. One tank isn't exactly magic, but a couple will make a marked improvement over current conditions if it's just unhealthy and not properly poorly.

Thank youi willtry that