Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk8 climate

Drakon

I've got a fiesta titanium with manual climate, i was wondering if i could buy an auto climate from another fiesta and slap it inside mine, would it even work or does it need extra sensors to work properly? (humidity, temperature, i don't know) 

I have a 2018 (March) Fiesta Titanium and it has climate fitted as standard?

1 hour ago, Drakon said:

I've got a fiesta titanium with manual climate, i was wondering if i could buy an auto climate from another fiesta and slap it inside mine, would it even work or does it need extra sensors to work properly? (humidity, temperature, i don't know) 

Not a simple swap. With all extra components and a general lack of info on how to do it and enable it all, it’s almost certainly not worth it. 

I guess out of curiosity, why not just buy the car with the right spec in the first place? Usually these sort of retro fits turn out more expensive than if you just got the right car in the first place

1 hour ago, Drakon said:

To my knowledge the Titianium in the UK has had auto climate since launch. If you have bought the car used, have you been mis-sold?

A mk8 titanium with manual climate. Enter  your reg into ford Etis To check your model.

Auto climate (EATC) was shown as standard on the Titanium in 2018 so should be on the OP's car. It seems to have been dropped from the Titanium late in 2019 however, and is not mentioned on the January 2020 price list either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Auto climate (EATC) was shown as standard on the Titanium in 2018 so should be on the OP's car. It seems to have been dropped from the Titanium late in 2019 however, and is not mentioned on the January 2020 price list either.

EATC was on the 2019.75 brochure as standard on a Titanium (as an extra above the Trend), and you are correct (I appologise) it is now only on a Titanium X, Active X, ST Line X, Vignale, ST3 or ST Performance as standard now.

The online configurator interior picture confirms this.

However the OP states he has a 2018 car so that should still have it standard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kental said:

However the OP states he has a 2018 car so that should still have it standard.

Yes, certainly seems like it, so a bit of a mystery.  Bit sneaky of Ford to have apparently dropped it, but their brochures/price lists are increasingly becoming traps for the unwary!😀

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, certainly seems like it, so a bit of a mystery.  Bit sneaky of Ford to have apparently dropped it, but their brochures/price lists are increasingly becoming traps for the unwary!😀

Agreed, when we ordered our 2020.00 car that was in Ford's holding pen (Oct 19 build) it was later than the online brochure (still 2019.75), but not showing in the then current pricelist, so it was a bit of a question what the spec would be.  Unfortunately it looks to match the 2019.75 spec so does not have the LED rear lights & embedded modem of the Jan 2020 pricelist car.  However it had free metallic (now chargable on the Trend) and 85ps rather than the current 75ps for the 1.1 normally aspirated car so not all bad.

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

and specs changes are new on us too. saw a new fiesta today with the 1.0 ecoboost as used in the new focus and transit connect . 

20200219_162136.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

and specs changes are new on us too. saw a new fiesta today with the 1.0 ecoboost as used in the new focus and transit connect . 

20200219_162136.jpg

Wondered when that would happen. Thought it might coincide with the mild hybrid being added - apparently not. Or is there a battery lurking somewhere?

Looks tidy under the bonnet though - at least there's an engine cover.😀

Is that a new 95ps Ecoboost?

According to the price list even the basic headlights are now LED dipped beam, is there any noticeable difference?

On 2/20/2020 at 8:23 AM, DG97 said:

@iantt have you seen anything about the dipped beam led bulbs now fitted as standard to the fiestas? 

I hadn't looked until today , and yes they are coming through with led dipped beam . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

I hadn't looked until today , and yes they are coming through with led dipped beam . 

If you get a chance and it isn’t too much of a pain, any chance if you could see if it seems like it’s a removal LED bulb? Sort of interested in that as a retrofit but not much info is available 

It's sealed in. We been looking at the headlights for another reason which I can't go into and found the aperture you would normally have to acess a normal bulb is completely sealed up. So new £300 headlamp if the led fails. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, iantt said:

It's sealed in. We been looking at the headlights for another reason which I can't go into and found the aperture you would normally have to acess a normal bulb is completely sealed up. So new £300 headlamp if the led fails. 

The flip side is, they are covered by warranty then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club