Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesra camera wire identification

James Hawes

Can anyone identify the tree wires shown in this picture of a Ford OEM reversing camera?

I know one is to the BCM, one is the fuse positive supply and one is the ground- but which one is which? Brown, red and yellow.

Ignore the boot lock connector.20200129_094055.thumb.jpg.f3706e0b065638303a39cdef6dfae486.jpg

Cant find any wiring details online....20200206_142915.thumb.jpg.6258f2ee76d14a000d5b9c08f06d12ee.jpg

Lots of info on fitting reversing camera in this post including wiring.

• Sad 1

Hi Cragrat!!

I've been through all the posts on that thread and cant find anything that covers this camera. Mine is a 2012 model and the wire colours dont match any mentioned. I've spent all day scouring the internet but I cant find any info on a which wire does what!!!

Sorry misunderstood as your profile lists 2016 Fiesta. My Haynes manual only covers 2013 onwards. I have attached a copy of the relevant page for my manual but as you see the colours are different.

Haynes001.pdf

Hi mate!

Thanks for this. My Fez is indeed a 2016 but the camera (and plinth) I bought to do this- turns out the camera is a 2012 model. So now I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the camera on a 2012 Fez. The manual before the this one.

One thing though mate- I've got the camera data connector (green four pin FAKRA) and the screened cable supplying it (four wires- green, brown, blue, yellow) which become only 2 pins where they plug into the grey connector under the radio. I assume these go straight into the camera + & - via the screened data cable. If you look at my picture- the cable is on sealed unit. There is no third pin....

I'm told the third pin is for the screening- but there is no screening coming out this cable. What do you think?

20200211_204043.jpg

Hi, Is this the connector that goes onto the display? If so look at my attachment and the FCDMI connector C2123B (5" display) and the wires are coloured BN pin 4 and OG pin2 the screen  should be pin 3. Not sure where it has gone though. The other end connects to C237, BN pin14 OG pin 15 and the screen to pin 16. Not sure if this helps though

Edited by Cragrat
added connector info

Hi mate,

Yes, this is the FCDMI connector.  These go into pin 14 (brown) and pin 15 (orange) into the C237 under the radio unit. I dropped the AVO meter across them and they connect to only 2 of the 4 pins in the FAKRA itself. There is no screen pin.The orange and brown connect into the camera data pos and neg.

My big problem is identifying which of the three camera supply cables do what- my camera having yellow, red and brown wires- I cant tell which goes to fuse 42, which is the ground and which goes to the BCM! That's why I'm looking for a 2012 wiring diagram!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 11:23 AM, Cragrat said:

Hi, Is this the connector that goes onto the display? If so look at my attachment and the FCDMI connector C2123B (5" display) and the wires are coloured BN pin 4 and OG pin2 the screen  should be pin 3. Not sure where it has gone though. The other end connects to C237, BN pin14 OG pin 15 and the screen to pin 16. Not sure if this helps though

Hi mate, 

I was wondering why you used twin core shielded data cable?

I ordered the same stuff you used- but cant work out how this works! I've ordered a green female FAKRA connector to go on the end- to connect to the green male FAKRA that's on the camera. 

Trouble is- these FAKRA connectors have only two connections- one (the centre line) goes to the central pin and the other goes to the shielding- just like an old fashioned TV Coaxial plug. What is the second core for?

Maybe your using a more modern camera- but mine (on the pics above) just has a two pin only FAKRA (shield and data)

I'm more confused now than when I started this project!! Still havent identified the yellow, brown and red cables!!

Please help!!

Hi I used a camera relevant to my year of car. The cable I used was what was required by the wiring diagram in the manual (the diagram I posted on here) the screen is used to stop interference affecting the picture. Suggest trial and error method to work it out.

• 1 year later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, James Hawes said:

Hi mate, 

I was wondering why you used twin core shielded data cable?

I ordered the same stuff you used- but cant work out how this works! I've ordered a green female FAKRA connector to go on the end- to connect to the green male FAKRA that's on the camera. 

Trouble is- these FAKRA connectors have only two connections- one (the centre line) goes to the central pin and the other goes to the shielding- just like an old fashioned TV Coaxial plug. What is the second core for?

Maybe your using a more modern camera- but mine (on the pics above) just has a two pin only FAKRA (shield and data)

I'm more confused now than when I started this project!! Still havent identified the yellow, brown and red cables!!

Please help!!

Did you get this sorted? Need some help. Thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club