Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers seat tilt handle - Mk 7 ST

Zico

Evening all,

I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting.

A few months ago my driver's side seat tilt handle didn't work correctly. Lifting the handle up would allow the seat to fold forward but the seat didn't slide forward to allow the passenger to get out. I had to manually use the under seat handle to move the seat forward.

As I don't frequently have passengers I hadn't thought anything of it until last week where the repeat happened. The passenger side front seat tilt handle tilts and moves the seat forward without any issue.

Any idea's on what could be wrong or what I would need to check to fix things? @MarksST or @TimST2 have either of you had any issues with the seat tilt handle/mechanism?

Might be good to periodically move the seats so the mechanism doesn't go stiff. Think with mine the tilt function on one of the seats gets a little stiff after not being used much. 

I assume you mean the handle on the top of the seat that you pull so the seat folds and slides forward?

16 hours ago, zain611 said:

Might be good to periodically move the seats so the mechanism doesn't go stiff. Think with mine the tilt function on one of the seats gets a little stiff after not being used much. 

I very infrequently have a full car so even when I have a rear seat passenger it's the passenger side that is used to get in the back. I've got some oil I could use on the mechanisms but the seat lever moves OK by itself.

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I assume you mean the handle on the top of the seat that you pull so the seat folds and slides forward?

Yes, the top handle on the seat. I've not had a chance to check over the weekend with the weather as it was (rather not stand outside in the sideways rain and wind :turned:.

• Like 1

I find that the seat needs to tilt down to a certain point for it to allow you to slide the seat forward. With my driver seat I need to push the seat 'back rest' down with my hand a bit, then I can slide the seat forward.

I'll try and take a quick look at work tomorrow if I have a few minutes spare. With the weather set to be rubbish again the whole weekend I won't be going out to try things then :sad:.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club