Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you are picking up a new puma in February or already have yours please read this...

gsd0475

I've spoken to my dealer today and there is a software issue relating to the setting of when the airbags deploy in an accident. Ford are working on an update which my dealer has been advised will take between 10 and 14 days to roll out. Only certain VIN numbers are affected and the service centres have this list so contact your dealer to see if you are effected. I'm taking delivery on the 1st March so it shouldn't effect me but if you are taking delivery in the next two weeks it may push it back until it is resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't think it's a software issue, sounds more like a hardware issue. 

It's the settings for the spring tension in the software. So I've been told anyway

11 hours ago, gsd0475 said:

I've spoken to my dealer today and there is a software issue relating to the setting of when the airbags deploy in an accident. Ford are working on an update which my dealer has been advised will take between 10 and 14 days to roll out. Only certain VIN numbers are affected and the service centres have this list so contact your dealer to see if you are effected. I'm taking delivery on the 1st March so it shouldn't effect me but if you are taking delivery in the next two weeks it may push it back until it is resolved.

🤔So....

Certain vin numbers are affected 

And 

The remaining Vin numbers are effected ?

Need to call dealers to find out which one is yours 😅

Autocorrect in full force but thank you for the helpful comment 😂😂

• Haha 1

only spring in an airbag is the 2 that hold the airbag to the steering wheel. the airbag is not like a jack in the box. lol well i hope not. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

only spring in an airbag is the 2 that hold the airbag to the steering wheel. the airbag is not like a jack in the box. lol well i hope not. 

Quote from another forum posted 15 minutes ago. I personally am not that technically gifted when it comes to cars, just passing on the info.

"I've just had a phone call from my dealer stating I won't be able to collect my Puma tomorrow as planned due to the airbag issue. He didn't give me a time frame for the fix but mentioned a potentially spring issue with the drivers airbag"

1 hour ago, gsd0475 said:

Quote from another forum posted 15 minutes ago. I personally am not that technically gifted when it comes to cars, just passing on the info.

"I've just had a phone call from my dealer stating I won't be able to collect my Puma tomorrow as planned due to the airbag issue. He didn't give me a time frame for the fix but mentioned a potentially spring issue with the drivers airbag"

oh, sounds like you will have to wait another 2 weeks or so .

3 hours ago, gsd0475 said:

Quote from another forum posted 15 minutes ago. 

@gsd0475Which forum?Please. 

I'd like to have a read. 

14 minutes ago, Wdf76 said:

@gsd0475Which forum?Please. 

I'd like to have a read. 

Www.Pumaforums.co.uk

• Thanks 1

What's a vin number or VIN number...............................................

Is it like a PIN number?

😀

5 minutes ago, Hamster said:

What's a vin number or VIN number...............................................

Is it like a PIN number?

😀

Vehicle Identification Number which is shown on your V5, or on your vehicle itself, normally visible from the outside through the windscreen, bottom right when looking from the front.

So a VIN Number would be a Vehicle Identification Number Number then?

H

(Not funny I know)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

So a VIN Number would be a Vehicle Identification Number Number then?

H

(Not funny I know)

Bit like an Automated Teller Machine Machine or a Port Authorisation Code Code... :biggrin:

A fix has been issued and it's a replacement part. Parts are on order for cars and should be resolved in next 72-96 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gsd0475 said:

A fix has been issued and it's a replacement part. Parts are on order for cars and should be resolved in next 72-96 hours. 

Wahooooooo😁😁😁😁

Ford UK has confirmed that the new Puma crossover will be recalled, and deliveries have been halted, due to a potential airbag component problem.

Ford's statement reads: "A number of Puma vehicles have been built with driver’s airbag retention springs that may be outside of Ford Motor Company manufacturing specification.

"Under certain conditions, it is possible that the airbag is not retained in the steering wheel after it has been deployed.The performance of the airbag in case of an accident with airbag deployment will still meet regulatory requirements and provides sufficient protection for the driver.

"Ford has issued a sales hold of all affected vehicles in dealer stock and will immediately exchange the airbag retention spring. A safety recall of all affected vehicles with customers will follow immediately."

1 hour ago, gsd0475 said:

New spring. Quite a quick job. Should take no more than 30 mins 

Yep but there is a 72 hour lead time for delivery of parts I believe

• Like 1

Just now, gsd0475 said:

Yep but there is a 72 hour lead time for delivery of parts I believe

No idea how many we have ordered, but will be quite a few I'm guessing. 

16 minutes ago, iantt said:

Had a read, will appeal to some out there. 

Lol, might even appeal to me at the right price if it really does look so much like the standard car - always had a bit of a thing for a sleeper/Q-car!😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club