Sign in to follow this  
mokes

ebay locations that just ain''t true

Just a silly post, due to finding more and more items on ebay that are not where they claim to be.

Today, looking for a couple of struts for the rear hatch, I found a pair that I could easily go and collect and it would be job done. Otherwise it was a ridiculous delivery time for an item that was 10 miles away.

Location listed as Bristol........Flat 19, BLK C,2/F, 65 Tung Tau Wan Road, Stanley, default default, 香港

Must be one of those new build estates.

Yes, you'll find more and more lying Chinese sellers listing their products as UK based, the clue that they're not is usually the price, 99p buy it now, free postage and the biggest giveaway is their pigeon English description and any pictures with an Oriental looking pretty girl holding the item. The more you buy stuff the more obvious it becomes. Having said all that, there are quite a lot of legit Chinese sellers that have a UK base/distribution centre.

I'm in Ireland; I use Ebay uk to sell in Pounds and use my parcelmotel address in co.Antrim BT364PE 

I also have an AddressPal address in Hatfield AL10 9WN and another one in New York, for all those whom wont ship to Ireland directly 🤫

If someone was to ship to any of them; I would receive the shipment 

Heres another one; 

I also sell virtual stock from my remote location;

I shop around on amazon for offers then list the item for sale on Ebay for a mark up price which is still cheaper than other Ebay sellers of the same item,

If it sells then I purchase from amazon uk and provide the buyers address,

The excess money then is my profit 🥳 all for a few taps on my phone 

Wish I had the time. If it's a profit then ok, but seems like a lot of effort.

Also, if I received a parcel from amazon, having bought it from ebay, I'd be suspicious. Then, when I looked at amazon and saw how cheap it was, I'd be plain irritated. 😳

This particular occasion annoyed me more because I specifically chose 'nearest' seller so I could get it today if possible.  Chinese seller with a UK base would be ok  but this was clearly coming from China...by donkey it seems.

This particular occasion annoyed me more because I specifically chose 'nearest' seller so I could get it today if possible.  Chinese seller with a UK base would be ok  but this was clearly coming from China...by donkey it seems.

It's called 'snail mail'   amazon only sell stuff from third party sellers and as such do not take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong with the transaction, they are only agents.