Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AUTO/DSG BOX SERVICE???

PAULWW999

HI i spoke to my ford dealer and asked the cost of a 36000 service om my 2017 edge 210 ps they said £605 due to the auto box to be drained and refilled plus oil filter in box 

i spoke to 2 different auto box repairers who said the oil in the box would not need to be replaced as the oil that is used nowadays does not degrade also you would have to strip down the box to get at the filter ??? any comments would be very appreciated many thanks 

Change the oil as recommended in the service book, the box will need stripped to get to the filter, then rebuilt and tested, any issues immediately after the service will be related to gearbox or gearbox electronics 

Agree, change the oil as recommended in the service schedule but there is no stripping. The filter is in a small housing hung on the side of the box, like a mini engine oil filter. The cost is due to the ridiculously expensive oil.

H

15 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Agree, change the oil as recommended in the service schedule but there is no stripping. The filter is in a small housing hung on the side of the box, like a mini engine oil filter. The cost is due to the ridiculously expensive oil.

H

Good to know, apologies in the inaccuracies in my above comment.y

Based on my 2017 titanium the trans filter is external to the box in an unscrew able housing and 150000 mile change 

TRANS.thumb.png.d830258b92a6672a1e07e39e7bee97f1.png

• 3 weeks later...

My local stealer (Lookers) wants £500 to change the oil and filter on mine at 4yrs or 36000 miles - ***** ridiculous

Can get the oil and filter for between £150 and £300 depending on supplier and it is a straightforward job to do as per @Tekno previous post and this video (ignore the long winded commentary) 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club