Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autowatch ghost Immobiliser

DAZZMAN07

Hi first time posting as I dont actually have my focus st line x yet should pick it up sometime in April anyway reading this really helpful forum I'm wondering if anyone has had the ghost Immobiliser fitted to there focus and if so is it any good.. obviously I've read that ford keyless entry cars are easy to pinch and I already decided to buy the disklok before I collect the car

• Like 1

You should get motion detection keys with yours which according to Thatcham are pretty secure . Probably better spending money a tracker.

Thank you for the reply.. does the ford app not have a locate vehicle option? I have a Vauxhall zafira tourer and the vauxhall app let's me find my car

The pass app does show vehicle location but this can turned off easily in the Sync3 unit so that's probably the first thing any knowledgeable car thief would do.

Ah thank you for that information I wasn't aware of that

4 hours ago, DAZZMAN07 said:

Hi first time posting as I dont actually have my focus st line x yet should pick it up sometime in April anyway reading this really helpful forum I'm wondering if anyone has had the ghost Immobiliser fitted to there focus and if so is it any good.. obviously I've read that ford keyless entry cars are easy to pinch and I already decided to buy the disklok before I collect the car

First thing I did was have the Ghost fitted to mine. It works perfectly every time, there's a service mode for when it's in the garage as well, and touch wood, the car's not been nicked up to now. If it does get nicked they promise to give you the money back. I'm really pleased with it up to now. I decided moving the OBD port was too much hassle and too easily bypassed by the discerning thief. So for me it was install a ghost immobiliser, put a big sticker in the windows to the effect the OBD port was disabled, and back this up with a Disklok if parking in any dodgy areas. Everybody's situation is different, but that's worked for me. And I also turned the keyless entry off, not because I think it's a risk but because I couldn't get used to pulling the door open every time I was checking if it was locked!

Have ghost on my car as I've had on my two previous ones.
Works flawlessly and as there's no fobs involved it can't be hacked or spoofed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you chaps for the replies.. I read one review of ghost that if you press the start button numerous times it overrides ghost and starts the car abling the thieves to drive off with your car

Unless you plaster a car with Ghost advertising stickers they aren't going to know it's fitted.
Most thieves are opportunists, they want in and off as quickly as possible, sitting there fiddling with buttons is the last thing they would expect or want to be doing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 Fiesta Titanium X and I'm having a right mare with the Ghost Immobiliser. My original Titanium X was stolen which prompted me to choose the Ghost to protect my replacement. Around 20 mins into my journey if you drop from fourth down to second (I.e. traffic lights/slip road etc.) It kills the engine leaving you to attempt to coast to the side if the road... I've had the installers look at it multiple times but they've not got a clue. Has anyone else had something similar happen?

On 2/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, DAZZMAN07 said:

Thank you chaps for the replies.. I read one review of ghost that if you press the start button numerous times it overrides ghost and starts the car abling the thieves to drive off with your car

I've not heard from anyone who experienced anything like this, and I'd be gobsmacked if it were true. They might be confusing it with how to put it into service mode, but you can only do this once the correct code is entered to start with.

18 hours ago, Lindzeth said:

I have a 2016 Fiesta Titanium X and I'm having a right mare with the Ghost Immobiliser. Around 20 mins into my journey if you drop from fourth down to second (I.e. traffic lights/slip road etc.) It kills the engine leaving you to attempt to coast to the side if the road...

Serious question - how can you be sure that the Ghost is causing the problem, and not one of the thousands of other things which might be the problem? The only sure way would be to remove it and see if the problem disappears?