Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Key

jason4746

i have the standard remote key i was wondering if i went to ford would they be able to give me a flip one. how much would it cost etc. any ideas?

They are quite expensive I think, if I recall my dealer told me it's at least £100 for a replacement, if not more.

The key isn't cheep, but then the programming of it costs about the same price!

Its like £150, I asked If I could get a NON electronic key when I ordered my car (Wanted it for Surfing)

So yea they are stupid expensive

Anyone know If I NEED to go to ford to get a new cut?

I dont want a all singing all dancing key, just something to open the door and put in my wetsuit

my spare key is just a normal one without any buttons or anything, i have it lay around somewhere... came with the car though so i cant say much about price

Its like £150, I asked If I could get a NON electronic key when I ordered my car (Wanted it for Surfing)

So yea they are stupid expensive

Anyone know If I NEED to go to ford to get a new cut?

I dont want a all singing all dancing key, just something to open the door and put in my wetsuit

You shoudnt need to go to ford to have an eletronic key cut but you will need to a place that is capable of doing it. You should of had a key code (credit card sized) when it came with the car. As long as you have that places that do electronic key cuts can make one for you so it should work with the car. In my case i bought mine 2nd hand so i dont have this code so i will have to go to fords to get a replacement if neeeded.

you will not NEED to go to ford to get one cut, but you will need someone with access to the ford ids system in order to programme it into the vehicles pats system, or it will only open the door. we charge £75.00 + vat for coding the key in and aroung £30+vat for the key itself.

the code for the key if you order one from someone such as north west keys will be a four digit code, but they charge through the nose for the cutting as its done by a laser. ford dealers use a copy method (or at least all the ones i know of do)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club