Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got a build date - how long until Dealer gets it?

I've been given a build date of 20th Feb. Dealer is unable to give me an exact collection date. Anyone have ideas about how long it takes the dealer to receive the car from the factory? I'm not inpatient; just excited. Lol

About a month before you can pick it up after build usually. Sometimes it’s quicker, sometimes slower. 

I was told an 18 week delay (in December) for an Auto Ford Focus (last December) so, I opted for a manual!

Just now, CallMeSteven said:

I was told an 18 week delay (in December) for an Auto Ford Focus (last December) so, I opted for a manual!

That’s production time though. Once it’s built it takes about a month to get to dealer. 

• Like 1

I've had factory order cars that I have collected 7 days from production and some that were 12 weeks from production.

Once it leaves the plant it's in the hands of the distribution system, dealer has no control

A month is a good average. I've had 4 new Fords and that's about right each time, it's what Ford usually use for their ETAs.

• 3 years later...
On 2/13/2020 at 8:32 AM, alexp999 said:

That’s production time though. Once it’s built it takes about a month to get to dealer. 

How long does it take to build the car, my dealer advised my car is in "Build Mode" at the factory and that's all they can tell me, so trying to work out an ETA, she's saying December but might be sooner, order was placed 22/07/2023

Just now, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

How long does it take to build the car, my dealer advised my car is in "Build Mode" at the factory and that's all they can tell me, so trying to work out an ETA, she's saying December but might be sooner, order was placed 22/07/2023

It only takes a few days to go through the factory. But it will only start being transported once it is gate released. Which means it has passed all QC checks.

If anything comes up on QC, it will need rectifying/replacing.

So don't start counting the delivery time until the dealer says it has been gate released.

16 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It only takes a few days to go through the factory. But it will only start being transported once it is gate released. Which means it has passed all QC checks.

If anything comes up on QC, it will need rectifying/replacing.

So don't start counting the delivery time until the dealer says it has been gate released.

thanks Alex, I'm assuming that "Build Mode" her words, is it's actually somewhere in the process of being put together.  my ***** is making buttons to get this car. 

3 minutes ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

thanks Alex, I'm assuming that "Build Mode" her words, is it's actually somewhere in the process of being put together.  my ***** is making buttons to get this car. 

Ask for the exact status from Ford Vista, that will tell you what stage it is at.

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ask for the exact status from Ford Vista, that will tell you what stage it is at.

Do I ask the the dealer to give me the status from Ford Vista? 

1 minute ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

Do I ask the the dealer to give me the status from Ford Vista? 

Yep.

It should be something like:

Commited

Segmentation

Body Offline

Paint Offline

Assembly Online

etc.

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yep.

It should be something like:

Commited

Segmentation

Body Offline

Paint Offline

Assembly Online

etc.

I'm really sorry for being a Melter, so "Build mode" wouldn't even be a status on Ford Vista. unless she thinks i'm an idiot or something lol 

14 minutes ago, IrishFocus-ST-Line said:

I'm really sorry for being a Melter, so "Build mode" wouldn't even be a status on Ford Vista. unless she thinks i'm an idiot or something lol 

No that's not a real status.

They might have given you that as a simpler "status", as most people wouldn't know what the Vista status messages mean.

It goes through something like:

Order Received

Commited (spec can no longer be changed)

Serialisation (assigned a VIN)

Segmentation (all parts allocated to the order)

Body Online (main chassis, body in white being built)

Body Offline (chassis built)

Paint Online

Paint Offline (chassis painted)

Assembly Online (this is the main stage you see in photos/videos of car factories)

Assembly Offline (Assembly Complete)

Gate Released (QC checks complete, car can be transported)

Shipped (On transport train from factory)

Flushing (arrived in Vlissingen, Netherlands for transport by sea)

Dagenham

Dagrail (if being sent to Liverpool compound for Northern, and maybe NI deliveries?)

I've probably missed some stages, that's just from memory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No that's not a real status.

They might have given you that as a simpler "status", as most people wouldn't know what the Vista status messages mean.

It goes through something like:

Commited (order in the system)

Segmentation (all parts allocated to the order)

Body Online (main chassis, body in white being built)

Body Offline (chassis built)

Paint Online

Paint Offline (chassis painted)

Assembly Online (this is the main stage you think see in photos/videos of car factories)

Assembly Offline (Assembly Complete)

Gate Released (QC checks complete, car can be transported)

Flushing (arrived in Vlissingen, Netherlands for transport by sea)

Dagenham

Dagrail (if being sent to Liverpool compound for Northern, and maybe NI deliveries?)

I've probably missed some stages, that's just from memory.

Alex, you're a legend, I really appreciate your help, thank you  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club