Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake discs

casuk

Hi all I recently bought a 2009 fiesta 1.6 tdci EcoBoost, I'm needing discs and pads and was just wondering were you all buy from and what type of prices are they 

• Like 1

EcoBoost is the petrol model, and they weren't even made in 2009.  Yours might be an Econetic instead.  (Low emission spec)

For brake pads and discs you've got plenty of choice.  Euro Car Parts is probably easiest and they have regular 'offers' on that bring the prices down, if you can wait for delivery Carparts4less is the same as ECP but have no shops so their parts are cheaper. 

I use Pagid personally but others may have different preferences.  We can all agree on avoiding the really cheap stuff like Eicher though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, casuk said:

Hi all I recently bought a 2009 fiesta 1.6 tdci EcoBoost, I'm needing discs and pads and was just wondering were you all buy from and what type of prices are they 

EBC greenstuff pads are a good upgrade from the standard pads 

There also low carbon which keeps the wheels cleaner for longer, I've fitted them to my 1.6TDCi focus, 

Theres two different sizes of discs for the front on the 1.6TDCi models; maybe worth taking off a wheel to meassure before purchasing; I've fitted cross drilled and grooved discs from eBay along with EBC Green stuff pads 

• Like 1

Go for Ferodo premium discs & pads ? The discs have a special none rusting silver coating, they'll look great for many years.

Most car parts shops will sell such discs & pads, just don't go for anything cheap & nasty.

• Like 1

speaking about brakes, ford dealer in Egypt sells brake pads for the mk8 in two different categories, as they name them the light duty pads and the heavy duty, I figured out that they mean by the light duty is motorcraft, and the heavy duty is ford genuine part, so whats the difference if anybody knows ? will the ford part live a little longer or something ?

• Like 1

Two things you should never skimp on with cars.......Brakes and Tyres! It's what keeps you on the ground and what stops you.

Remember, Performance is desirable, stopping is essential!

I'd recommend Mintex, Ferrodo, or Pagid brakes. You can pick them up cheaply on eBay, and ECP (Euro Car Parts) sell Pagid stuff. I personally use Green-stuff from EBC. Used EBC and Mintex on all of our cars in the family and never had any problems stopping.

• Thanks 1

Pagid is my go to now. Seem to be about the best mid-range brand. On a bog standard eco warrior there's no need go go high end "performance" brakes. They only work properly when hot anyway.

Brembo are also good (and a little more expensive), however do squeak a little in my experience so I try to stick with pagid for most jobs now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, isetta said:

I thought motorcraft is a ford brand isn’t it.    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcraft

yes it is for sure , but it appears to be that there are motorcraft pads ( branded motorcraft ) and there are also ford oem pads ( branded Ford genuine part ) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

yes it is for sure , but it appears to be that there are motorcraft pads ( branded motorcraft ) and there are also ford oem pads ( branded Ford genuine part ) 

There's not much difference in the price either on some vehicles. They are different manufacturers who supply them . The motorcraft ones seem to wear quicker and dirty your alloy wheels more. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iantt said:

There's not much difference in the price either on some vehicles. They are different manufacturers who supply them . The motorcraft ones seem to wear quicker and dirty your alloy wheels more. 

yes the motorcraft part is a little cheaper, I see why they call them as light/heavy duty , since the ford genuine one would last bit longer 🙂 thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

Sorry it's an econetic 1.6 tdci, I was wanting to do my own repairs but in this case I'll let him go it for a small cost,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club