Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane assist

MrRedman
聽Share

Hi Folks I鈥檓 back after 11 unhappy months with a money pit commonly known as a BMW 3 series,well I had to get it out of my system 馃檮.So I鈥檝e got the lane assist image on my focus but no switch on the stalk so do I have it or not?聽

I'd say no.

The lane image also works for adaptive cruise and safe distance warnings.

Does the display colour change to amber or red if you get too close to cars in front?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, MrRedman said:

Hi Folks I鈥檓 back after 11 unhappy months with a money pit commonly known as a BMW 3 series,well I had to get it out of my system 馃檮.So I鈥檝e got the lane assist image on my focus but no switch on the stalk so do I have it or not?聽

welcome back

36 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I'd say no.
The lane image also works for adaptive cruise and safe distance warnings.
Does the display colour change ito amber oe red f you get too close to cars in front?

I鈥檓 not sure yet I鈥檝e only driven 40 miles I鈥檒l see if I can test it when it stops raining,I鈥檓 in Manchester you see 馃ぃ

My bro has a BMTrouble you. They鈥檙e making Ford look good..

• Like 1

My neighbour is a BMW tech and his woes make mine at ford look like nothing in comparison.聽

But to be fair my ex nextdoor neighbour works at Merc garage as tech and there no better than BMW.聽

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

My bro has a BMTrouble you. They鈥檙e making Ford look good..

My Mechanic said the cars he has in in between services and mot the most are BM and Merc !

• Like 2

I鈥檓 gonna say no. As mentioned possibly adaptive cruise. What does FoCCCus show ?聽

Hi mate聽

what鈥檚 that?

18 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

I鈥檓 gonna say no. As mentioned possibly adaptive cruise. What does FoCCCus show ?聽

3 hours ago, iantt said:

My neighbour is a BMW tech and his woes make mine at ford look like nothing in comparison.聽

But to be fair my ex nextdoor neighbour works at Merc garage as tech and there no better than BMW.聽

I bought a 3 series petrol 2 litre N43 engine 4 pot then read the reviews huh

i didn鈥檛 have a problem with the engine tho it was everything else 馃檮

31 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

@MrRedman聽what鈥檚 focccus ? It鈥檚 PC聽software to interact with the car聽

Oh right 馃憤

46 minutes ago, MrRedman said:

Oh right 馃憤

Free download and buy a modified elm cable and it will tell you everything the car has turned on. And you can change things yourself.聽

or look on etis and see what the car was built with that will tell you what it has and hasn鈥檛聽

The lane assist image is subtlety different from the normal image.

No Lane Assist

IMG_20200216_143220.thumb.jpg.c622046a8c5845b593db23a53ec728f0.jpg

Lane Assist active

IMG_20200216_143234.thumb.jpg.e965cf38dbeb955ec54f5842fdf17b5f.jpg

So if yours is like the bottom image you have lane assist and the car needs to go back as the wrong stalk has been fitted. The little icon also changes colour as you drive, grey not available, green as you drive centre of lane, amber as you wander in lane, you would feel a slight pull as it corrects your position too.

But I think the bottom image only appears once lane assist has been activated, so not much help if deciding whether you have it or not? If you had lane assist you would either have a button on the left hand stalk or for earlier models a button with the lane assist symbol on it?

I鈥檒l take a picture of what I see Tomorrow cos it doesn鈥檛 look like that haha聽

56 minutes ago, MrRedman said:

I鈥檒l take a picture of what I see Tomorrow cos it doesn鈥檛 look like that haha聽

I wonder what image you are looking at then? As you don't have lane assist .

I can't even remember if the MK3 had lane assist?聽

They could鈥檝e put the digital speedometer on same screen as lane assist. Though I鈥檝e yet to find a situation where ive needed lane assist.聽

I鈥檒l take a picture tomorrow as storm D is about just now I don鈥檛 want my doors bending haha聽

They could鈥檝e put the digital speedometer on same screen as lane assist. Though I鈥檝e yet to find a situation where ive needed lane assist.聽
I have lane assist and speedo together but then I do have the HUD screen [emoji41].

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I have lane assist and speedo together but then I do have the HUD screen emoji41.png.

P***k 馃槀

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

I have lane assist and speedo together but then I do have the HUD screen emoji41.png.

Flash git

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Same here. Only niggle is that having set the speed on HUD as Mph you cant have the distance set on the sat nav in Km. Unless I'm missing something ?聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club