Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane assist

MrRedman

23 minutes ago, Wino said:

Same here. Only niggle is that having set the speed on HUD as Mph you cant have the distance set on the sat nav in Km. Unless I'm missing something ? 

I’m still trying to figure out what a 10th of a mile is. 100yards is a bit short of a 100metres. A 10th of a mile ..f**k knows 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’m still trying to figure out what a 10th of a mile is. 100yards is a bit short of a 100metres. A 10th of a mile ..f**k knows 

That's easy - it's just the same as four fifths of a furlong! Any time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1/10 th of a mile is 176 yds or 538 ft.

In metric - 160.9 metres

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just now, Stoney871 said:

1/10 th of a mile is 176 yds or 538 ft.

That’s helpful Stoney

• Like 1

I still prefer the Ford nav to google maps even without the HUD. Glasgow’s a grid system and take a right in 0.1 miles can be confusing but the nav chime meaning turn now is handy. Ford Navigation graphics are terrible tho. Hopefully an overhaul ie satellite view update coming soon..although google may be unwilling to share.

That’s helpful Stoney
I sense sarcasm [emoji848]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wino said:

Same here. Only niggle is that having set the speed on HUD as Mph you cant have the distance set on the sat nav in Km. Unless I'm missing something ? 

That's going to be a PIA when I drive down to the South if France in the summer - I'm going to want the speed in KM/H to make sure I stay within the limit but the sat nav distances in miles.

But on the theme of the original post - I quite like my lane assist, I've found it quite good at helping to keep the kerb-side of my car from scraping against bushes on tight, twisty country lanes.

7 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

That's going to be a PIA when I drive down to the South if France in the summer - I'm going to want the speed in KM/H to make sure I stay within the limit but the sat nav distances in miles.

But on the theme of the original post - I quite like my lane assist, I've found it quite good at helping to keep the kerb-side of my car from scraping against bushes on tight, twisty country lanes.

Just curious why you'd keep the distance in miles?? You're driving to km/h limits, so if the distance is in km it's easier to work out time left, surely?

You're sat at 130km/h with 260km left on the journey - easy, probably just about 2 hours. 
You're sat at 130km/h with 161mi left on the journey - damn, got to calculate 161mi to km, or 130km/h to mph.

All or nothing, IMO. Wish I could change my car's physical clocks to km. It's high time we finished the switch to metric in this country.

13 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

you can change the speed to kmh.  what he means is once you do that then it also changes the sat nav.  so both will be in km/h.  Perfect for euro driving.

PS.  took 2 trips to Poland last year and changed to km/h while waiting to get off the ferry.

6 hours ago, karlbbb said:

Just curious why you'd keep the distance in miles?? You're driving to km/h limits, so if the distance is in km it's easier to work out time left, surely?

You're sat at 130km/h with 260km left on the journey - easy, probably just about 2 hours. 
You're sat at 130km/h with 161mi left on the journey - damn, got to calculate 161mi to km, or 130km/h to mph.

All or nothing, IMO. Wish I could change my car's physical clocks to km. It's high time we finished the switch to metric in this country.

I guess the sat nav will tell you time left regardless of what unit has been set.

good thing is it changes your miles left till empty to km/h.  essential when autobahn tells you 52 km till next gas station.

45 minutes ago, soultrappa said:

good thing is it changes your miles left till empty to km/h.  essential when autobahn tells you 52 km till next gas station.

Good point - I hadn't thought of that.

So have I any type of extra 1 picture is constant in the display the other on start up cheers 

5150379A-FA11-43D9-A992-3079E73CC534.jpeg

84E18A41-09E0-4C82-A938-61E630FCA81D.png

First photo is image of road to indicate trip mileage. Second image is of the steering wheel. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Salesman said the first image was lane assist (B@st@;d)🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club