Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Number Plate Lights not coming out?!

samplify

Hey guys,

Recently went out and purchased some Autobeam lights and all of them were pretty easy to install other than the rear number plate lights which for some reason would not come out. I think I ended up breaking the plastic clips that hold them in place as they now hang down from where they were originally. My question is as a result of having the Titanium X spec with reversing camera is there some sort of difference to other models because all of the videos make this install seem so easy!

They usually come out easily, lift the boot lid so the lamps are at eye level, I found using the long side of a 3mm Allen key easier than a screwdriver, right hand side of the lamp is a notch for the key or screwdriver to go in,  go in at a 45 degree angle, then then lever it to the right, the right side of the lamp should pop out.

I had the same problem the ali/plastic arm that secures them in gets stuck.Get a Pick tool pick set a straight one or a thin straight screwdriver wiggle it in and feel for the arm push it in and pull out.Picture red circle.

Rev.jpg

Thanks guys I'll give it another go tomorrow morning.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, samplify said:

Thanks guys I'll give it another go tomorrow morning.

Any luck ?

Still can't do it. Now waiting for the replacement units in the next hour or so to try to better understand how to get them out. I'll keep you posted.

• Thanks 1

Hmm strange shouldn't be that tough if your managing to push tab in.We will wait and see 🙂

IMG_20200216_174132.jpg

Used a small alenn key and basically brute forced it out. Thanks for the help again guys! 

Now only issue is sidelights not working but I'll make another thread for that issue!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club