Do Not Sell My Personal Information

going from a MK 2 to MK 3, clutch differences?

shiwarrior

Hi all

Im just gathering information at this time,

Has anyone gone from a Focus 2.5 to a MK3 and noticed any differences in pushing the clutch pedal down ?

i know it sounds like a silly question, but as i have some problems with my health, so i dont think its the car, but sometimes, i find my clutch really hard to push in, especially when doing a lot of start stop traffic, i get to a point where i need to stop and get out of the car so to speak. (so thinking about changing to an auto..) anyway, before rambling on,

Is the clutch any easier in a MK 3 ? (1.0 ecoboost for example)

appreciate any help

cheers

Best bet is to take one out for a test drive and see what you think. 

The clutch in my mk2.5 ST is a lot heavier than my old mk7.5 fiesta. Then again one is designed for town driving and the one I've fitted now designed for 5x that power soooo

Nearly 2 years since I switched from Mk2.5 to Mk3 but I don't remember the clutch being much lighter if at all.  The steering and gear-shifting are both much lighter on your arms if that's any help for you.

As Luke says, you'll really have to test drive to see if it works for you...even identical used cars may have different clutch feel depending on use & wear.

If you do go for automatic bear in mind a lot of people have problems with ford powershift automatic . Google it

• Like 1

thanks guys

unfortunately you cant get a 1L ecoboost Titanium X in a powershift

Ford dropped the power shift boxes in the later ones because of the problems . but im not saying everyone will have a problem with them, some people don't

Im currently looking at a 1.0 Ecoboost, Titanium X , 2014 car (14 plate) with 48K miles, price is £6K, a bit high ?

1 hour ago, shiwarrior said:

thanks guys

unfortunately you cant get a 1L ecoboost Titanium X in a powershift

Ford dropped the power shift boxes in the later ones because of the problems . but im not saying everyone will have a problem with them, some people don't

Im currently looking at a 1.0 Ecoboost, Titanium X , 2014 car (14 plate) with 48K miles, price is £6K, a bit high ?

Could you push the budget a little more for a facelift?  There are some 64 plate facelifts about that can't be much more than £6k now?

ooooo, id prefer a face-lift if i'm honest !

im getting old now, wrinkles are starting to show! 😉

• Haha 2

Zetec yes, not the T.X. ones

want to go back to HID/LED lights, night and day difference

my Halogens (Philips Vision plus bulbs) are Rubbish, im like driving around with sidelights on! 😞

2 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

Zetec yes, not the T.X. ones

want to go back to HID/LED lights, night and day difference

my Halogens (Philips Vision plus bulbs) are Rubbish, im like driving around with sidelights on! 😞

Ah that's a shame.  Didn't realise there was such a big price gap. :sad:

The Mk3 HIDs are pretty poor from what I've seen on here though!  Ask @michaelburrows

they sure are.   on my trips to and from north yorks i dread the dark. better with candles i reckon.  

We have a 1.0 automatic 2017, not with the powershift, with a conventional 6 speed torque converter box. (6F15)

It's very nice, just not too good on fuel round town.

The MK3 is much better all round than the MK2

On 2/17/2020 at 2:56 PM, DaveT70 said:

We have a 1.0 automatic 2017, not with the powershift, with a conventional 6 speed torque converter box. (6F15)

It's very nice, just not too good on fuel round town.

The MK3 is much better all round than the MK2

A MK3.5 is better than a MK2.5 but a MK3 in virtually all forms is :shit:.  Poorly built, stupidly vulnerable (to leaks/damage) AC system, crappy/weak manual clutches, various electrical glitches, Sync 1.1 (crap), butt ugly exterior styling and with a centre console that has more ***** buttons that a laptop keyboard!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club