Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front discs & pads on 2015 B-Max

Eddie Ashton

How long are front discs expected to last mileage wise, I have done just 20000 miles, and a careful breaker. I am now told by my Ford Dealer that I need new discs & pads.

Anyone else experienced this problem ?

Tell them you'll get a second opinion from another party, take it to a reputable garage (not Kwik fit, or big brand shops, theyll rip you off.) When you get the second opinion ask that they put the disc and pad thicknesses on the back of the receipt and go from there.

If it's just a quick visual inspection you need, some garages will do this for not much money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, Eddie Ashton said:

How long are front discs expected to last mileage wise, I have done just 20000 miles, and a careful breaker. I am now told by my Ford Dealer that I need new discs & pads.

Anyone else experienced this problem ?

Could be true if your driving has a lot of stops in it I'm on 27000 miles but mainly A road and motorway so not much braking all original with only the slightest wear lip on the disc, just serviced too at a Ford dealer, not a huge one but a small family one so no attempts to do more than is actually needed, as suggest a second opinion would be good.

it could be that your braking to gently and have glazed the pads.

Did they say why you needed new discs and pads? My Mrs does very little mileage but has frequently needed premature disc/pad replacement as the discs rust from little use and then damage the pads. This was a particular problem on the Mk 1 Ka she had some years back. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On my 2007 fiesta the original discs were still on there at 165k miles but were looking a bit thin and uneven. Since then the car has sat on grass for 18 months so they are now very rusty (sold car to my brother and he stopped using it due to and fault)

Just realised how old this post is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club