Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 sleep keys

DAZZMAN07

Hi! I dont pick my st line x up until late april but I have been reading lots of information about the car.. with this being my first keyless entry vehicle I know it will come with sleeper fobs that turn the signal off if the fob isn't moved for 40 seconds but what worries me a little is when I'm out shopping and the fob is in my pocket will it still emit a signal that can be used to steal the car? Some car manufacturers they have to double click on the fob to stop it from sending a signal to the fob .. I will be purchasing a disklok for when I collect the car so hopefully that is enough

1 minute ago, DAZZMAN07 said:

Hi! I dont pick my st line x up until late april but I have been reading lots of information about the car.. with this being my first keyless entry vehicle I know it will come with sleeper fobs that turn the signal off if the fob isn't moved for 40 seconds but what worries me a little is when I'm out shopping and the fob is in my pocket will it still emit a signal that can be used to steal the car? Some car manufacturers they have to double click on the fob to stop it from sending a signal to the fob .. I will be purchasing a disklok for when I collect the car so hopefully that is enough

That is my interpretation too, which is why I disabled keyless entry in the vehicle settings once the novelty had worn off. 

7 minutes ago, Tizer said:

That is my interpretation too, which is why I disabled keyless entry in the vehicle settings once the novelty had worn off. 

Thank you for the reply.. I think I will be turning it off then too 

Anyone know the right size disklok to buy for the st line x without it damaging the steering wheel?

You have to be pretty close for keyless entry to work, I wouldn't worry about someone stealing your car while shopping.

Basicly if you can't see it they can't steal it.

Just writing to applaud your decision on the Disklok. I'm a child of the 60s, and when watching Star Trek, could never understand why prisoners on the Enterprise were always put in the brig, and were held in by a 'force field'. They all inevitably  escaped by overriding the control panel.

I always thought, why don't they simply put some old fashioned bars on the cell, that'll hold them! Anyway, I've used my Disklok now for 15 years on various cars, and the 'small' which does up to 39cm diameter, fits my Focus fine. (though it's nowhere near as posh a version as yours!)

Just now, Mark-UK said:

You have to be pretty close for keyless entry to work, I wouldn't worry about someone stealing your car while shopping.

Basicly if you can't see it they can't steal it.

Thank you for the reply.. first time with keyless entry/start

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Just writing to applaud your decision on the Disklok. I'm a child of the 60s, and when watching Star Trek, could never understand why prisoners on the Enterprise were always put in the brig, and were held in by a 'force field'. They all inevitably  escaped by overriding the control panel.

I always thought, why don't they simply put some old fashioned bars on the cell, that'll hold them! Anyway, I've used my Disklok now for 15 years on various cars, and the 'small' which does up to 39cm diameter, fits my Focus fine. (though it's nowhere near as posh a version as yours!)

Thank you for your reply and advice.. wow star trek them where the days!! .. I cant wait to get the car I've had a 7 seater zafira tourer for the last 3 years looking forward to something abit sportier