Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sidelights not working

samplify

Hey guys,

Whilst I was changing some bulbs on my car I noticed that my sidelights don't actually turn on. They do not appear to be the simple push-twist lights. They have a black and copper clip over them, once you take this off its a large metallic bulb that has a semi-circular metal shield just after where the actual glass bit of the bulb ends. 

I have looked in the service manual for a fuse related to sidelights but cannot find one. All other lights are working perfectly.

Any suggestions?

9 minutes ago, samplify said:

Hey guys,

Whilst I was changing some bulbs on my car I noticed that my sidelights don't actually turn on. They do not appear to be the simple push-twist lights. They have a black and copper clip over them, once you take this off its a large metallic bulb that has a semi-circular metal shield just after where the actual glass bit of the bulb ends. 

I have looked in the service manual for a fuse related to sidelights but cannot find one. All other lights are working perfectly.

Any suggestions?

They sound like the High Beam , side lights unless you have an led strip should be 5w5 and be on a white plastic looking stick in the centre section by the H15 DRL bulbs are.

I do have DRL, but my sidelights are not like the ones in the video. 

Thats the H15 DRL ? the side bulb is next to it 5w5 cap less....? hmm yours is the slightest older model lights so DRL bulbs are different ? take bulb out on the side it will tell you what it is ie H something.

If your lights are like the ones in the pic you posted you don’t have a sidelight bulb, you have a H1, a H7 and the indicator bulb. The sidelight is done by the led strip at the bottom of the light unit.

• Thanks 1

You are correct Mark. So am I right in saying the H1 is used for full beam only?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club