Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power fold mirror puddle lights

Daniel Nicholls

Hoping someone can help i retrofitting power fold mirrors to my 2008 focus a few years back and they work fine but the puddle lights don’t work had them turned on by a kind member on here have checked the bulbs themselves and are all ok but can’t figure out why they don’t work are they on a separate fuse. 
am out of ideas and have no clue how to use the elm software if the member who turned them on for me is still on here and active could have another look I’d be happy to travel to them or anyone else who maybe able to help would provide beer tokens. 

Have you checked the bulb holders with a multimeter, are you getting a 12v supply? 

Did you upgrade the wiring to include the puddle lights? I’m not familiar with the wiring itself so it’s just a question from a very simple outlook.

you could always just cheat and take a feed from the interior light in the roof lining and take one to each mirror, you could do that without a computer. Doing that you could also fit some ‘ford’ projector lights to the bottom of the door cards to shine on the ground when the door is open, if you like that kind of thing

Followed the instructions from a member on another forum and contacted him and says his worked with the same method hadn’t thought about running wiring from the interior lights but that sounds like an idea.

Yes, you may not have wiring in the door harness to support puddle lights, have you checked?

If the power fold works the puddle lights will as well you can’t have 1 without the other did look into that before I started doing it so I know all the wiring is already in the car.

Check you have 8 pins or 10 at the connector to the wing mirror on both sides.  

You need all pins to be populated on the door wiring to the mirror. 

If it's all there double check the configuration on modules.  

Just checked and have all the wiring in place but can’t check if it activated as don’t have the software to find out and didn’t do it originally.

Could anyone who have the software installed and knows what they are doing have a look for me if I bring the car to them.

1 hour ago, Daniel Nicholls said:

Just checked and have all the wiring in place but can’t check if it activated as don’t have the software to find out and didn’t do it originally.

Could anyone who have the software installed and knows what they are doing have a look for me if I bring the car to them.

i could but im in edmonton n9

Hi, Just out of interest, when looking at the multiplug / wing mirror connector, which pins are 8 and 10? Does the connector follow a pin 1 top left/ with last pin bottom right?
Ask as my non powerfold/without puddle lamps mirrors have 6 pins in the connector, but the multiplug has 3 additional wires where no equivalent pin is visible on the mirror, so I'm hoping it's a sign for a potential easy retrofit.
I already have a modified ELM327 and the Focccus software so can make the changes to enable the functions.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, mrmetallica said:

i could but im in edmonton n9

You did activate them originally for me but have done all the obvious check all I can think of is for some reason the programming you did for me didn’t take for some reason if you could double check for me that would be great.

Just now, Daniel Nicholls said:

You did activate them originally for me but have done all the obvious check all I can think of is for some reason the programming you did for me didn’t take for some reason if you could double check for me that would be great.

i can do mate no problem when would you like to do it ?

3 hours ago, Dave400 said:

Hi, Just out of interest, when looking at the multiplug / wing mirror connector, which pins are 8 and 10? Does the connector follow a pin 1 top left/ with last pin bottom right?
Ask as my non powerfold/without puddle lamps mirrors have 6 pins in the connector, but the multiplug has 3 additional wires where no equivalent pin is visible on the mirror, so I'm hoping it's a sign for a potential easy retrofit.
I already have a modified ELM327 and the Focccus software so can make the changes to enable the functions.

Not sure about the mk3 focus as I have a mk2 facelift but I’m sure someone would be able to offer advice on here.

3 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

i can do mate no problem when would you like to do it ?

Am at the other half parents on the 7th of next month if your able to do it then.

2 hours ago, Daniel Nicholls said:

Am at the other half parents on the 7th of next month if your able to do it then.

that should be ok. are you the one who put a wire in wrong hole and your wife spoted it ?

13 hours ago, Daniel Nicholls said:

Not sure about the mk3 focus as I have a mk2 facelift but I’m sure someone would be able to offer advice on here.

My bad.. clearly didn't read the post fully!!

15 hours ago, Daniel Nicholls said:

sent you pm

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old topic.
Did you sort this?

I am currently fitting FL folding mirrors to my PFL. I have all the basics working (adjustment and heated) and have the repeaters working using pin 7 in the door module and enabling it using Forscan. I have connected the puddle lights to pin 14 and enabled it but they don’t work. The wiring etc is good as I can light them up by putting power to the pin and ground pin. 
why don’t they light when I unlock the car? 
I haven’t wired in the folding yet as I’m doing it in stages. 
Any pointers please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club