Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Zetec S

alexmk3

Hi everyone, 

Recently bought a mint 2012 MK3 Zetec S with the 1.0L 125hp EcoBoost engine, I’ve owned the car for about a week now, and I am seriously impressed with the performance on offer from such a small engine. I am absolutely loving my new car, a genuine pleasure to drive. My previous car (my first car) was only a bog standard 09 Astra so changing to this, is an upgrade in pretty much every way I can think of. 

I am planning a stage 1 remap as I hear these engines are easily capable of putting out even more power. I don’t want to push it too much as I also want the car to last me and not put too much strain on it, so I think a remap will be the only thing I do to the car performance wise. 

This brings me onto the topic of cosmetic changes, and I’d love to hear some suggestions from all my fellow MK3 owners. I will be ordering some Heko wind deflectors as my first ‘mod’ if you like, perhaps change the interior bulbs too. What have you done to yours to make it look better? Interior or exterior. Would love it if you could drop links to the product itself, and if possible an installation guide too.

Glad to be a Focus owner and hoping to learn some stuff from this forum. Thanks guys👍🏼

BF9665C3-2605-458E-8D96-A8BCB9563756.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 
Recently bought a mint 2012 MK3 Zetec S with the 1.0L 125hp EcoBoost engine, I’ve owned the car for about a week now, and I am seriously impressed with the performance on offer from such a small engine. I am absolutely loving my new car, a genuine pleasure to drive. My previous car (my first car) was only a bog standard 09 Astra so changing to this, is an upgrade in pretty much every way I can think of. 

I am planning a stage 1 remap as I hear these engines are easily capable of putting out even more power. I don’t want to push it too much as I also want the car to last me and not put too much strain on it, so I think a remap will be the only thing I do to the car performance wise. 
This brings me onto the topic of cosmetic changes, and I’d love to hear some suggestions from all my fellow MK3 owners. I will be ordering some Heko wind deflectors as my first ‘mod’ if you like, perhaps change the interior bulbs too. What have you done to yours to make it look better? Interior or exterior. Would love it if you could drop links to the product itself, and if possible an installation guide too.
Glad to be a Focus owner and hoping to learn some stuff from this forum. Thanks guys[emoji1360]
BF9665C3-2605-458E-8D96-A8BCB9563756.thumb.jpeg.83c4cfa8ed9bffae186f3dd313d2b6f9.jpeg

Love the colour mate! Congrats!

As for upgrades, I bought some replacement aftermarket projector headlights. Hate halogens with a passion, never enough light. Think they were £230 roughly brand new for the pair.

Put some led halos in the fog lights and installed the heko wind deflectors.

Also, stuck a strip off carbon fibre boot tape just after the lip of the boot so when getting the oral in and out I don’t ruin the back bumper :)

Oh and retrofitted SYNC 2 to replace the original won’t system with the small screen. That way I now have a fully working touch screen satnav!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Love the colour mate! Congrats!

As for upgrades, I bought some replacement aftermarket projector headlights. Hate halogens with a passion, never enough light. Think they were £230 roughly brand new for the pair.

Put some led halos in the fog lights and installed the heko wind deflectors.

Also, stuck a strip off carbon fibre boot tape just after the lip of the boot so when getting the oral in and out I don’t ruin the back bumper 🙂

Oh and retrofitted SYNC 2 to replace the original won’t system with the small screen. That way I now have a fully working touch screen satnav!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks a lot mate, haven’t stopped staring at it, looks good from every angle!😁

Headlights are on my to-do list, completely agree with you about the halogens. 

Re fitting the SYNC 2 system, is it a big job? Is it possible to do it myself? The bigger screen would mean the whole centre console looks different right?

Thanks very much for your input, much appreciated! 

i was in Wales with my dad last year, and we were in Costa having a coffee

We were sat by the window, and in one of the parking bays (right next to us) for a while Zetec S MK3, couldn't stop looking at it, really nice in white those ZetecS's

On 2/18/2020 at 9:21 PM, shiwarrior said:

i was in Wales with my dad last year, and we were in Costa having a coffee

We were sat by the window, and in one of the parking bays (right next to us) for a while Zetec S MK3, couldn't stop looking at it, really nice in white those ZetecS's

Totally agree and I was after a white myself and luckily been able to find one. Don’t think they look as special in black. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club