Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Fog Lamp

melloj

Hello all,

I am going to taking my 2013 Grand Cmax down to Portugal to use there, so need to do the matriculation process.

It looks like the Grand Cmax's in UK only have the RH rear fog lamp assembly with an actual lamp.  The LH side is just a reflector.  I haven't looked super closely but has anyone ever had the rear fog lamp converted over to the other side or installed a second rear fog lamp - is there any electrical connection there that can be used?  or do I need to some major rework to get the lamp switched?

Thanks

Maybe it's just easier to get LHD rear lights 2nd hand  when your in Portugal and move the wiring.Your probably going to have to change the headlights anyway. Not sure about Portugal but in Spain they are very particular about all light units conforming to their spec otherwise they dont pass it.

Mines a titanium and I have two reversing lights and two rear fog lights.

3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Maybe it's just easier to get LHD rear lights 2nd hand  when your in Portugal and move the wiring.Your probably going to have to change the headlights anyway. Not sure about Portugal but in Spain they are very particular about all light units conforming to their spec otherwise they dont pass it.

I'm going to get the headlamps replaced in a month or so and just use a sticker to drive with the Euro ones in the UK until I head over to the continent.  Gives me time to sell my UK ones, and we don't really do a huge amount of night driving these days.

I can try to find something in Portugal, but if it's something I can do here with my friend mechanic, might be cheaper than getting them in Portugal and then paying someone to install them.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Mines a titanium and I have two reversing lights and two rear fog lights.

I guess they changed their ways for the newer models....I was really surprised to see the light fixture only on the right side when I looked under the rear bumper....quite a way to save money.

22 minutes ago, melloj said:

I guess they changed their ways for the newer models....I was really surprised to see the light fixture only on the right side when I looked under the rear bumper....quite a way to save money.

Low spec cars only have one of each, one of the main reasons I don't buy low spec cars my Lane  has no light and is therefore very dark one reversing lights is useless for me.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Low spec cars only have one of each, one of the main reasons I don't buy low spec cars my Lane  has no light and is therefore very dark one reversing lights is useless for me.

Perhaps that's changing though for example on the Focus 4  theres only a rear fog and 1 reverse light regardless of model.

6 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Perhaps that's changing though for example on the Focus 4  theres only a rear fog and 1 reverse light regardless of model.

I won't be buying one of those then, cost cutting at its worst.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club