Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X with B&O and spare wheel?

jsk

I have just gone onto the Ford website and built a Titanium X to my required spec. I have noticed that now you can spec a spare wheel. Previously this was not an option because the B&O sound system sub woofer was housed in the spare wheel well.

So my question is if you can now have a spare wheel as well as the B&O system where has the sub woofer moved too?

The B&O system is still quoted on the website as standard on the Titanium X.

Think I have found the answer. Titanium X in price list brochure says sub woofer is mounted in the boot side panel. Same brochure also says 14" spare wheel optional on the Vignale.

• Like 1

Yes, I was pleased to see that. If I was to go for a Fiesta again it would be either another ST-L X or an ST3, both of which have now got B&O. I'm not that bothered about B&O, but I do like a spare, even if only a spacesaver. 

From my reading of the price list, it now looks as if the only version where you can't get a factory spare (other than where pan roof is specified) is the ST Performance, not clear why.

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I was pleased to see that. If I was to go for a Fiesta again it would be either another ST-L X or an ST3, both of which have now got B&O. I'm not that bothered about B&O, but I do like a spare, even if only a spacesaver. 

From my reading of the price list, it now looks as if the only version where you can't get a factory spare (other than where pan roof is specified) is the ST Performance, not clear why.

I much prefer a spare wheel (full size or Skinny) over the Goo and a compressor. Goo only fixes simple small punctures, not all types of flat. It's also usefull when changing wheels/tyres from back to front.

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before, but has there been a reasonable and/or official reason why you can't have a spare with a Pan roof?

The reason I have been given for no spare wheel with a panoramic roof is wieght. It goes over the Ford eco spec. You could source your own and fit it along with the jack and foam bits.

• Like 1

My wife has a 125PS Titanium. It came with no spare wheel. Got the spare which is a space saver.  7 days later got a puncture on the M6 in the dark and in pouring rain. Luckily close to Services. Got car under fuel pump canopy and changed wheel for spare.  Much better than messing about with Goo and a compressor.