Do Not Sell My Personal Information

61 Plate Focus Titanium Ambient Lighting Fault

Duggy78

Hi there, hope someone can help, I have a 61 plate focus Titanium which has the built in ambient lighting feature, i have only had the car a few weeks and it was working when I first bought it, but got in the car the other night and the lights (inc the red door card lights) now do not work!. I have tried the pallet button and light dimmer switch on the sunroof consul bit this doesn’t seem to be doing anything, I have also checked the fuse (F60 10amp) which the handbook says is for the interior ambient lighting but again this doesn’t look to be blown!.... I am at a loss as to how it could be working one minute then the next time I get in the car it isn’t, hoping for any advise on what I can check, thanks

Maybe faulty module. Try connecting to forscan. 

seen the modules go for about 30/40 £ on eBay 

Is this the colour changing ambient lighting for Titanium X? Mine went haywire once, with the LEDs all set to different colours. 

Might be worth trying a new switch unit, but the cure for mine required a trip to Ford at a cost of £200 for a couple of days work on the wiring and replacing a couple of the LED units. Sounds pricey, but one dealer wanted to replace the entire BCM for over £500.

If you want to try a new switch, PM me - I have a spare which might work. 

2 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Is this the colour changing ambient lighting for Titanium X? Mine went haywire once, with the LEDs all set to different colours. 

Might be worth trying a new switch unit, but the cure for mine required a trip to Ford at a cost of £200 for a couple of days work on the wiring and replacing a couple of the LED units. Sounds pricey, but one dealer wanted to replace the entire BCM for over £500.

If you want to try a new switch, PM me - I have a spare which might work. 

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Isn't ambient menu in the cluster?

Hi there, I was only aware that you controlled it via the pallet switch and knob that turns the brightness up and down?

4 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Maybe faulty module. Try connecting to forscan. 

seen the modules go for about 30/40 £ on eBay 

Hi guys, is this forescan easy to use?

The early Mk3 Focii only had the ambient light adjustment from the overhead console. On later versions you could change it from the instrument cluster. 

12 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

The early Mk3 Focii only had the ambient light adjustment from the overhead console. On later versions you could change it from the instrument cluster. 

Yes mine looks to only be controlled via the overhead button and light adjustment knob

1 hour ago, Duggy78 said:

Hi guys, is this forescan easy to use?

It easy to see any fault codes yes. Behind that button on your over head console is an ambient light module. So if there is a fault it should show it. You just need a modified elm cable £20 or less and forscan is free. 

2 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

It easy to see any fault codes yes. Behind that button on your over head console is an ambient light module. So if there is a fault it should show it. You just need a modified elm cable £20 or less and forscan is free. 

Thanks Tommo, is this in essence what the dealer would do to find the fault if I took it to them?, or is it worth taking a punt and getting a new light module if it is an easy replacement item?, thanks 

1 minute ago, Duggy78 said:

Thanks Tommo, is this in essence what the dealer would do to find the fault if I took it to them?, or is it worth taking a punt and getting a new light module if it is an easy replacement item?, thanks 

First thing they would do yes. Contact focus city google them. Biggest focus salvage place. More than likely have the part you need. 

always worth having. The cable and software for any other issues you might have in the future for less than £20 

Well strangely enough when I got in my car the other morning as started it up to set off all the ambient lights came on!!! and have done every time I have used the car since!.... strange but hey hoe I am not going to complain given they are currently working! 😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club