Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 tow bar

Ickleric

Hi I am thinking about buying a tow bar for my Focus I have found some brand new ones for around £100 or for a company to fit it £300. I wondered if anyone has fitted one there selves and was it easy or hard 

I did one a few years back, it was ok to fit and I still use it regularly.  From memory it was a bit fiddly getting the holes to line up and push the bolts through, but I was doing it on my own and getting some help would have made it easier.  The electrics were really easy if you have the schematics and can trace the wires to each of the lights.  You will have to take some of the boot trim out to access and I used the Haynes manual for that and again, it was pretty easy to do and put back.  You could probably do it in a couple of hours and it is a good way of saving £200..  Mine is a Witter flange type which I think I got from PF Jones - they are showing up at £128 here https://www.pfjones.co.uk/tow-bars/ford-towbars/ford-focus-towbars/tow-bars-for-ford-focus-hatchback/hatchback-2005-2008.html