Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Navigation / Audio blank

MikeWill34

We recently purchased a 67 (2017) plate Focus from Available Car and we are having a problem with it's Navigation / Audio system.

Sometimes the Navigation system is totally blank.

The fault only seems to manifest itself when the boot is opened prior to starting the car. This tends to occur after doing the weekly shop at supermarket.

Has anyone got any clues as to what is wrong and or how to fix it.

I have performed a factory reset and software update (via WiFi) of the Navigation system.

Edited by MikeWill34
Add year

Wi-fi updates don't work.

Google sync3 update uk and follow instructions on Ford site to update.

Then make sure automatic updates AND wi-fi are switched off

2 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Wi-fi updates don't work.

Google sync3 update uk and follow instructions on Ford site to update.

Then make sure automatic updates AND wi-fi are switched off

They are working in the UK now.

@alexp999 Could you please explain further about updating via wi-fi? I thought you have to copy the update to a USB (as I have read here in the forum). Thanks

(I have found this but can nayone here verify it works?))

Edited by CallMeSteven
Found link

Just now, CallMeSteven said:

@alexp999 Could you please explain further about updating via wi-fi? I thought you have to copy the update to a USB (as I have read here in the forum). Thanks

The idea is that if it's in range of your home wifi while it's parked up, you can connect it to that and overnight it will regularly check (mine checks maybe once a week according to etis) and it will download and install automatically while you are not using the car (if it's in range of a wifi network you've connected it to).

Otherwise you can update manually off the website. The offered updates are the same.

It's just that up until recently, Wifi updates didn't work in the UK, but I've read multiple reports of them working successfully now and can see mine checking and updating etis regularly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeWill34 said:

This tends to occur after doing the weekly shop at supermarket.

If it only occurs when visiting the same Supermarket then it could be interference from their Security or Parking Management system.

2 hours ago, MikeWill34 said:

We recently purchased a 67 (2017) plate Focus from Available Car and we are having a problem with it's Navigation / Audio system.

Sometimes the Navigation system is totally blank.

The fault only seems to manifest itself when the boot is opened prior to starting the car. This tends to occur after doing the weekly shop at supermarket.

Has anyone got any clues as to what is wrong and or how to fix it.

I have performed a factory reset and software update (via WiFi) of the Navigation system.

Do mean the screen is actually blank or the mapping doesn't work/move  .Its possible there's  a problem with the GPS antenna thats in the roof aerial base. Seems a coincidence that you only get problem when opening tailgate given that the Mk3 is  legendary for developing problems with this antenna usually due to water ingress, but could be a wiring problem also. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club