Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need help removing airbox from mk8 fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost

BPower

I thought all I needed to do was remove the maf sensor, hose pipe and the cold air feed and I'd be able to pull the airbox out. However there seems to be some cabling down to the bottom left of the airbox keeping it in and I'm not sure what it is or what to do with it. Cant find any videos or anything with it involved. Any help's appreciated

Im not sure what it is, some kind of sensor maybe. I unscrewed mine, then gently cable tied it to the nearest pipes or hoses. Im surprised Airtec & all the other companys have not yet made a compatible heatshield that you can screw the sensor into. My MK8 is Euro 6.2, which has the GPF. Maybe its a sensor for that.

10 hours ago, Iain M said:

Im not sure what it is, some kind of sensor maybe. I unscrewed mine, then gently cable tied it to the nearest pipes or hoses. Im surprised Airtec & all the other companys have not yet made a compatible heatshield that you can screw the sensor into. My MK8 is Euro 6.2, which has the GPF. Maybe its a sensor for that.

Thanks, managed to get it out today, appreciate the help

10 hours ago, Iain M said:

Just out of interest, is this it? There was some discussion a while back as to what this was for - nothing connected to it on earlier Mk 8s.

DSC_0064.JPG

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just out of interest, is this it? There was some discussion a while back as to what this was for - nothing connected to it on earlier Mk 8s.

DSC_0064.JPG

Yeah, that's it, no idea what it was for, seems to connect to go in the maf sensor. I'm just trying to get the maf sensor out rn and it seems way too tight to get out, any tips on how to do it?

43 minutes ago, BPower said:

Yeah, that's it, no idea what it was for, seems to connect to go in the maf sensor. I'm just trying to get the maf sensor out rn and it seems way too tight to get out, any tips on how to do it?

Afraid not, I was curious as this seems to have no purpose on my car, never had reason to touch it.

I used a heat gun on my MAF sensor. Be gentle when you turn it. You may need pliers for extra grip. If so, use soft grip pliers & use gentle nudges. Once out, apply a tiny bit of grease to the O-ring before you put the sensor back in. This will make it much easier to twist in & back out.

• 1 month later...

So how did anyone bypass this, and did it make an engine light appear. Or does the sensor unscrew from the airbox. Im wanting to fit a cone filter, so what would i do?

• 3 years later...
On 4/8/2020 at 5:26 PM, Brad12345 said:

So how did anyone bypass this, and did it make an engine light appear. Or does the sensor unscrew from the airbox. Im wanting to fit a cone filter, so what would i do?

Did you find anything?

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club