Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best tyres?

alexmk3

Hi everyone, 

I’m looking for a fresh set of tyres to put on my focus before the summer as these are beginning to run low. It’s only the 1.0L 125bhp Zetec S, so I don’t really need top of the range Pilot sports or something similar, but would still like some decent mid range tyres which suit the car and its great cornering ability. The wheels are 18’’ btw. 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks  

I used Roadstone for my 18s, great tyre for the money, good wear, very good grip and best bit for me was very quiet. I still have them on my 18s actually, just no car for them to go on haha

I bought mine as a set of 4 from eBay in December of 2018 and it that cost me £171.90, they were rated as C (Fuel), A (Wet) and 69db (noise).

Currently they are £175.95, but I'm unsure if the rating system got a slight update or not as they are now printed as C,C,69db, but still for the money I would 100% buy those again.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Davanti.

1 hour ago, WireyWhenWet said:

I used Roadstone for my 18s, great tyre for the money, good wear, very good grip and best bit for me was very quiet. I still have them on my 18s actually, just no car for them to go on haha

I bought mine as a set of 4 from ebay in December of 2018 and it that cost me £171.90, they were rated as C (Fuel), A (Wet) and 69db (noise).

Currently they are £175.95, but I'm unsure if the rating system got a slight update or not as they are now printed as C,C,69db, but still for the money I would 100% buy those again.

Thank you both, I’ll have a fish around and see what I can find! 

When my stock Primacy 4s need changing, I'll be getting a set of Michelin X Cimate tyres. I had them on my previous car and not only are they excellent summer tyres but also really good in the snow, the difference that they made when compared to standard summer tyres was amazing - last winter, our friend's A4 Quattro with standard summer tyres got stranded at the bottom of the hill leading to our homes where my front-wheel-drive Exeo with X Climates climbed it with no problem.

• Like 1

I have a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx RT. Fantastic wet grip so ideal for summer.

• Haha 2

My dad was in the tyre business for many years and always insisted on Michelins. I have always had the Primacy tyre in its most up to date issue. My new focus came on Continentals a  year ago so I am having to use those. They are ok but not like driving on Michelins.  
i did consider having a set of the climate tyres and am very interested to read the comments by Dark Andy. I’ve thought about it, but not been sure. 
You won’t get a set of Michelin Primacy for the amount shown in previous posts. They will be at least twice that much if you go to a tyre dealer. I always use ATS and purchase the tyre insurance. We are always looked after very well.  I’ve always been extremely satisfied with Michelin. 
Hope you get sorted soon and love the drive on your new tyres. 

• Like 1

In that case, let me add another vote for the Cross Climates. I've used them for a number of years across a couple of cars. They're a good all-rounder and don't wear out too quickly. 

One particularly bad winter I had to negotiate a steep hill when the road surface was quite literally a sheet of ice. It was pretty clear the driver ahead of me only had standard tyres, as he made it about 5 metres before he sat there spinning his wheels and started to slide back down. The Cross Climates gave me enough grip to steer around him and make it up the hill. 

Michelin Cross Climate Plus. Excellent tire. Worth every penny!

I just put Pirelli p7 blue on mine the other week. Seem to be round enough [emoji16]

• Haha 1

Three A P606

Had them on my Porsche 911 and I couldn't find any problems with them. Cheap too.  £150 for the 4 in 19"

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions, much appreciated 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club