Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge ST wallpapers

Bluedogtaz

Nope, Sync2 had that ability, Sync3 is laid out differently so having wallpapers wouldn't work.
On Sync 3.3 & 3.4 you can choose one of four different backgrounds but that's all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Nope, Sync2 had that ability, Sync3 is laid out differently so having wallpapers wouldn't work.
On Sync 3.3 & 3.4 you can choose one of four different backgrounds but that's all.

Didn’t know you could choose on 3.3 or 3.4. Think that’s what I have. Can’t recall any options. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 2:15 AM, Bluedogtaz said:

Can the wallpaper background be changed on a Sync3 Edge ST?

There are a number of built-in wallpapers which cover all the ford vehicles that Sync3 is fitted in. These can be selected using Forscan, but there is no facility to change it to a custom wallpaper ... unless you can hack the firmware image and correctly generate the CRC for it!!! Don't think anyone has ever tried, but you might find info on other sites i.e. F150.

Edit: You can cycle through the builtin wallpapers if you put Sync3 into test mode ... but they don't stick when you exit!

Topic has already been discussed in ...

The design of the sync3 main screen doesn't really have the kind of layout to make wallpapers of any benefit.

I think they could of given the option to apply skins to change colours and fonts though.

On versions 3.3 /3.4 you can change the backgrounds on the sub-menu screens but there are only 4 options, and none of them are particularly thrilling.

Dont know which i have but it allows me to upload up to i think 32 pics from the usb for the wallpaper. Not tried it yet but might try at the weekend

Sync 2 is the only version that allows this.
JPG, GIF, PNG, and PNG formats and an image size of 800 x 384 pixels.
Maximum file size 1.5 Mb.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, Stoney871 said:

I think they could of given the option to apply skins to change colours and fonts though.

On versions 3.3 /3.4 you can change the backgrounds on the sub-menu screens but there are only 4 options, and none of them are particularly thrilling.

Would be nice!

Can you post some example pics of the v3.3/v3.4 background options. I've only got v3.0 and wonder if its worth trying to get it (force it!) to update to something newer.

[/url]

Skip to about 5.40 to see the backgrounds.

It appears that the backgrounds are different depending on which theme is applied, bear in mind that unless changed with Forscan the themes applied through the test menu are only active until the radio powers down and then they reset to default.

If you have a cd player then to access test mode you put the radio into FM and then press / hold eject and next track on the radio, without cd you press / hold next track on steering controls and radio together.

Once in the 'test settings' menu if you select the slider marked 'enable test settings' and the test menu will be added to the main menu without having to do the button press combo to access it.

Important point- not sure if it's just on my system but be aware that you may get themes listed that are not compatible with the standard 8" screen, I'm thinking it's because there are larger screens coming out, most likely as when sync4 comes out it will have options for 10" screens so Ford have added larger themes to sync 3.3 / 3.4 to bridge the gap should sync4 be delayed for some reason.

To permanently change themes and splash screens-

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6676

• Like 1

I've got the 2018 Edge Sport

My Sync version shows as 3.0

i have just checked the Ford sync web site, and when i enter my VIN it says my sync version is up to date

How do you get version 3.3 or 3.4 ??

If your system was originally sync3 then 3.3 or 3.4 are only available unoficially.

12 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If your system was originally sync3 then 3.3 or 3.4 are only available unoficially.

Any links to an 'unofficial' update or zip?

21 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Any links to an 'unofficial' update or zip?

Found this site but don't know anything about them or have not tried it. 

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

Is this UK compatible as it looks like it’s for US vehicles. 

1 minute ago, Edge of Reason said:

Is this UK compatible as it looks like it’s for US vehicles. 

It states all regions,   but like i said  I haven't tried it.

7 minutes ago, eddiek said:

It states all regions,   but like i said  I haven't tried it.

It also says it includes mapping updates. Hopefully from your settings it knows what maps to update. I think I’ll wait until a guinea pig tries first. 😉 

Well, loads of brownie points to the first on here to try it, let us know and if it works i'll try it.

• Like 2

I have an answer from a very experienced software engineer who confidently says.

DON'T DO IT

😱

H

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club