Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Issue... I Think

Nico.

right seeing as i didnt get much back off my last post about this...

my car when i start it with not heating no lights on or anything now and again will rev above 1k without me touching anything and then will only drop below after a while of driving... is this nothing and jus me not knowing enough about engines or is it actually a issue??

No thats normal for it to do that. My zs has done this a few times and normally its related to the engine temp.

thought it might be but with this being my first car i not got any past experience with cars so it kinda got me worried at first

It`s normal that cold engine is reving cca 1100-1200 rpm, just after it is hot enough (temperature of coolant more than cca 55-60°C) the revs are slowly falling down to cca 700-750 rpm ;)

saves me lookin a prik when i go too the garage next to get the rear wiper cover finally and sayin 'why does my engine do this' and getting laughed at!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club