Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery light doesn't turn off

Fusionguy

Well I have a 2008 fusion and as soon I start the engine the light battery on the dash turns on. I went to check the alternator and it the scanner showed that was good it gives a charge of 12 to 13 volts. I continue using my car and everithing works normally but the light always turns on. What you guys think it's happening?

20200222_152402.jpg

It's not the same car as my Fusion, is that the American Fusion, totally different.

• Like 1

Yes, my fusion is the american version. I continue with my reaserch and I found how to solve it, actually was a fuse, in the main fuse box there is one that say something about alternator sensor and it wasn't there so I just plug a new one and the light turn off. Thank you all. Grets from Mexico.

IMG-20200223-WA0008.jpeg

• Like 1

If your car has a Smart Charging System then the fuse could have been removed because of that.

I believe that if the Alternator Sensing wire was disconnected on earlier Smart Charging Systems then it reverted back to normal charging.

Maybe someone removed the Fuse instead of disconnecting the wire.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club