Do Not Sell My Personal Information

power wire

Tekman

Hi I have just got mt C Max 2ltr diesel auto Titanium 2011 I have had a focus for years, age forces change lol.

Anyway I am puttin my sat nav  and front dash cam in and want a power wire under steering wheel panel that works off ignition so I can hard wire them in I have looked and their is a loom just there anyone know what color wire would work off ignition or do I have to run a new one from other side.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Alan

Think your best picking up at the fuse board passenger side, you can use a piggy back fuse off eBay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

Think your best picking up at the fuse board passenger side, you can use a piggy back fuse off Ebay

What he says, piggy back fuses can be got from most motor factors or even Halfords

sorry guys for delay yep went and picked some up and in prosses of installing now , rain a problem now but sunny at moment 

Cheers

ok wires in run to fuse box which fuse is best to piggy back off, I need two that turn off with ignition.

cheers

Its up to you really , Does your cig lighter turn off when ignition off? or do you your lights ? etc . Check your Manual for fuse numbers.

Just now, Hostahousey said:

Its up to you really , Does your cig lighter turn off when ignition off? or do you your lights ? etc . Check your Manual for fuse numbers.

hi mate yes looked at cig lighter it stays on sunny outside now so will go and drop fuse box down and check 

cheers

See a multi meter to which turns of with the ignition, Chang ge to my car right now to see which one mines on, also yours is a different year to mine, so mine may well not be relevant.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

See a multi meter to which turns of with the ignition, Chang ge to my car right now to see which one mines on, also yours is a different year to mine, so mine may well not be relevant.

Hi Mate yes I put multi meter on all but 2 are live when ign off 3 are earth fuses so had to use 1 fuse bypass in fuse 85 which is 7.5 the other is 86 which is for restraining system which I didnt whant to mess with

so dash cam and sat nat are on bypass fuse into 85 only way I could find to do it . The rear dash cam easy put it into un-used fuse slot .

if anyone has better idea please let me know its cold and I am oldish lol will have to be fine for now 

@Tekman just had a look and mines on 86, I didn't fit my dash cam the dealer did it for me.

12 hours ago, pragmatix said:

@Tekman just had a look and mines on 86, I didn't fit my dash cam the dealer did it for me.

Ok mate thats great just checked its the restraining system with a 10 amp fuse.