Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Senior automatic gearbox over revving

SarahJ80

Hi... I've got a 63 player Fiesta Titanium automatic... got it in 2017 and only had about 35,000. Last year at 55,000 I had to have a new gearbox put in (I read there was a common theme about these gearboxes not being great) anyway all done move to now and my warranty was 12months or 12,000 whichever came first I'm literally at 67,000 miles and the car is over revving as I increase my speed.. it doesn't feel like last time as I could actually feel the slip from 1 to 2.. could there be another issue? I've no engine management lights come on or anything but I'm just cant believe a gearbox only last 12,000 and at £1,200 a pop I'm hoping there maybe another issue. Thanks 

I'd usually say change the auto transmission fluid but you hope they'd have done that when they put a new box in.

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'd usually say change the auto transmission fluid but you hope they'd have done that when they put a new box in.

correct me if I'm wrong, her gearbox is the dual clutch one ? the powershift ? if so then she may be experiencing some sort of clutches failure, and by the way, the powershift is a dry dual clutch gearbox where there isn't oil in the clutches area.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

correct me if I'm wrong, her gearbox is the dual clutch one ? the powershift ? if so then she may be experiencing some sort of clutches failure, and by the way, the powershift is a dry dual clutch gearbox where there isn't oil in the clutches area.

Yes, its the dual clutch one. I would google it and see if anyone else is having similar issues. I think there was a big thing about this in the USA with early failures.

• Like 1

Class action lawsuit in america with these transmissions and clutches.. 

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks everyone yes there is issues and Ford no longer use these DTC however I've since had a new one fitted as my car wasnt under warranty with Ford and it seems to be going again after just 12,000 miles I was just curious if this was right. I am going back to original garage to see what they say

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club