Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST250 - tracker

Monks600

LOL.

They do free window etching if you spend over £50 too, pretty good that! They will etch your ref plate in to all glass panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, jonj1611 said:

Doesn't that just give the thief a bit of extra leverage to break the steering lock?

Maybe but you try turning it afterwards, it will hit the windscreen and your legs, unless they are driving in a straight line 🙂

5 hours ago, Monks600 said:

My idea is that when a command is sent it could either turn off the fuel pump via a relay or send a signal to the ignition to turn the engine off.

Well just make sure the car is stationary when you "send a signal".

Imagine the carnage that could cause if it was on a motorway at the time.

PS Still not sure you can do that with the actual device you have linked to.

• Like 1

Well just make sure the car is stationary when you "send a signal".
Imagine the carnage that could cause if it was on a motorway at the time.
PS Still not sure you can do that with the actual device you have linked to.

Yeah, good shout. I’d rather the thief kill themselves than some innocent driver.

Just looked at the wiring schematics and it looks like the digital out wire when wireed to a relay will do this just fine. The analogue in is used for other sensors like a motion sensor or something.

Ignition wire looks to be used to tell the device simply when the ignition is on or off.

I have ordered the OBD cable but have been told because my car has keys its a lot more hassle to steal than keyless cars

The little tic-tac box I own is the Streetwise GPS Tracker that is sold in Halfords. In fact, I've got colleagues on to it also so it's about 4 I've dealt with now I think!

Being a forum supporter gets you a tidy amount off, and then using uSwitch nets you a great deal too. It's basically a rebadged TKStar unit with most of the features still active. Its VERY accurate, down to the exact parking spot (Handy if the mrs forgets where she parked....)

There is an app, it does live tracking, has vibration sensing and geo fencing, and is cheap at £45 (£38.25 if you have a supporter's card!) It has a 10 day battery, and is usb powered OR hardwired with the kit that comes with it if you prefer - I've yet to have any issue with mine and I've had it since I got my ST around the end of July last year. I think I've read I can even call it and listen in if I want but dont quote me on that one, I havent bothered yet!

I chose to go for a SIM tracker where I had some degree of control over service; I've bought items in the past from companies that only have a year or two before their services shut down and its been a pain, TKStar have been around a while and the deal that I got was unlimited texts, 200 mins and 500mb data for £3.95 a month with no contract length - Absolute peanuts for peace of mind for me!

I can't praise the unit enough so far, its tiny enough to hide anywhere and sips power; and as I said a few colleagues picked these up too and so far so good.  I'm all for security and stuff, but I tend to leave off things that would end up causing more damage if someone breaks in to try and break off whatever is there for me really, I'd rather find my car and drive it away tha have to battle to get it to go again but that's my mindset from where I was brought up and having things stolen being not an uncommon occurrence.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

The little tic-tac box I own is the Streetwise GPS Tracker that is sold in Halfords. In fact, I've got colleagues on to it also so it's about 4 I've dealt with now I think!
Being a forum supporter gets you a tidy amount off, and then using uSwitch nets you a great deal too. It's basically a rebadged TKStar unit with most of the features still active. Its VERY accurate, down to the exact parking spot (Handy if the mrs forgets where she parked....)
There is an app, it does live tracking, has vibration sensing and geo fencing, and is cheap at £45 (£38.25 if you have a supporter's card!) It has a 10 day battery, and is usb powered OR hardwired with the kit that comes with it if you prefer - I've yet to have any issue with mine and I've had it since I got my ST around the end of July last year. I think I've read I can even call it and listen in if I want but dont quote me on that one, I havent bothered yet!
I chose to go for a SIM tracker where I had some degree of control over service; I've bought items in the past from companies that only have a year or two before their services shut down and its been a pain, TKStar have been around a while and the deal that I got was unlimited texts, 200 mins and 500mb data for £3.95 a month with no contract length - Absolute peanuts for peace of mind for me!

I can't praise the unit enough so far, its tiny enough to hide anywhere and sips power; and as I said a few colleagues picked these up too and so far so good.  I'm all for security and stuff, but I tend to leave off things that would end up causing more damage if someone breaks in to try and break off whatever is there for me really, I'd rather find my car and drive it away tha have to battle to get it to go again but that's my mindset from where I was brought up and having things stolen being not an uncommon occurrence.
Hope that helps!

Having a look at them now, thanks for your input. Really appreciate it :)!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club