Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant bubbling and engine light

Jess daviws

Got a ford fiesta eco 1.0 2015, last night drove back home then 20 mins later had to pop out to the shop as i was driving to the shop there was no power as if it was in limp mode and engine light came on (left car running whilst in the shop) then driving back it didnt seem to bad. Checked under the bonnet and the coolant was bubbling/gurgling with engine light still on. Let the car cool down to check the coolant later on just in case it was just the coolant level being low which cause it to pressurize and back up but that was fine. But when it can to starting the car again, if i didnt have my foot on the accelerator it would konk out and wont idle.

Any ideas on what it could be. Im thinking gasket

Look at the oil on the dipstick, slightly grey would suggest head gasket. Also look at the coolant, if there is a rainbow film on the surface that also would suggest head gasket.

9 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Look at the oil on the dipstick, slightly grey would suggest head gasket. Also look at the coolant, if there is a rainbow film on the surface that also would suggest head gasket.

oil looks fine i checked that straight away just forgot to put that but didnt think bout checking coolant for film cheers mate

Check engine light can become lit for various reasons. The coolant bubbling is normal for 1.0 Ecoboost when driven spiritedly so I would not necessarily think it's the head gasket unless more proof for that was found. You need someone to read fault codes from your car and maybe do not drive it further but take it to a Ford dealer if you're unsure of what to do next.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club