Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shaking At Idle And Bad Fuel Consumption -Help??

rossmcv

hi there

i have an R reg fiesta 1.25SI and it is idling at about 900 but shakes quite badly then evens out when moving. other issue is its drinking petrol like nothing else, probably a full tank is doing 100 miles (no exageration) ive taken it to two garages who have both scratched their heads saying it may be a hole in an air pipe or the timing is out etc

all of which they can investigate but the cost will be high and theres no guarantee of it being corrected after it.

has anyone heard of these symptoms before? and if so how is it remeded?

other suggestions is that its a faulty sensor in the engine which is causing it to squirt fuel so then im worried if my CAT converter is going to go next with all the fuel firing through it

any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Rossmcv

I don't know if this will help but my dad has had the same sort of problem with his diesl 51 reg fiesta and the garage found that one of the fuel injectors was not working well.

hi there

i have an R reg fiesta 1.25SI and it is idling at about 900 but shakes quite badly then evens out when moving. other issue is its drinking petrol like nothing else, probably a full tank is doing 100 miles (no exageration) ive taken it to two garages who have both scratched their heads saying it may be a hole in an air pipe or the timing is out etc

all of which they can investigate but the cost will be high and theres no guarantee of it being corrected after it.

has anyone heard of these symptoms before? and if so how is it remeded?

other suggestions is that its a faulty sensor in the engine which is causing it to squirt fuel so then im worried if my CAT converter is going to go next with all the fuel firing through it

any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Rossmcv

Sounds as if it isn't firing properly on one of the cylinders - that will lead to uneven idling & increased fuel consumption. Yes - this could damage the catalytic converter, unfortunately.

Suggest a compression check (damaged / worn piston rings, valves or head gasket?), or it could be just a faulty spark plug or (if your car has them) a faulty plug lead or maybe the coil pack? Or a faulty injector. Hope it's something straightforward!