Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt

mball1993

Hi, I'm new to the forum! 

I have just purchased a Fiesta MK6 1.6 ZS, 70,000 miles on the clock in black. Got it for £1500, bargain!

Anyway, I'd like to get the cam belt changed as Ford states, it should be changed every 10 years. 

I called up a local garage earlier to sort it out, they said it would be £250 which is very reasonable, I asked if the water pump was included as well.

They said it wouldn't need to be changed at the same time? I always assumed they get replaced at the same time.. Maybe it's different on these?

Any ideas?

Cheers. 

Is it petrol? If so, I think the water pump is driven by the alternator drive belt on these and not by the timing belt

They only say to the waterpump at the same time as many engines have the waterpump driven by the cambelt. Makes sense to change it for £60 extra whilst everything is in bits than spend another £250 in a few years time to get it done separately to the cambelt change. 

Obviously if it's driven by the aux belt then there's no point doing it at the same time as the cam belt.