Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quarter window louvre panels?

Conor_mk7

https://cmcomposites.co.uk/shop/ford/fiesta-parts/fiesta-mk7-3dr-rear-window-louver-panels

I've seen these louvre panels and have wanted to get them but can't find any info on the UK laws with these 🤷‍♂️. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Someone said that it may need to be registered as a van if I put these on, is this true? Sorry I know that sounds ridiculous but I want to make sure I won't break any laws putting them on 🤔. I know mustangs have the rear window ones but I know you don't need to be able to see out of the rear window, just not sure about the side ones 😂

As long as front side windows and windscreen are clear you can so whatever you like with the others.
Only way your car could be reclassed as a van would be if you remove the rear seats and convert the back to solely carry cargo.
If you want the vents then dig out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I think it’s something your insurance company would need to know about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There not any different to having a fiesta van in the sense that theres no rear side window,

20200225_000335.thumb.jpg.f68ccd585159b966f9e2c10080a4557d.jpg

Personally they would be more practical if manufactured in clear perspex which had a dark tint applied which would present the same effect while still functioning as a window for the rear passengers 

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys for the input! That clears it up for me 😊 insurance isnt an issue as I'm with Adrian flux. Clear perspex would be more practical but hopefully they aren't too dark when I go to buy them! 

• Like 1