Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 140bhp 1.0 EcoBoost

SMURFY19

Is the 125 engine same as 140, is it just ecu map, because I have the 140bhp black edition and I think the engine in it now is the 125bhp, I got told that it's ok to put a 125bhp engine in and the mapping side is done by ecu... do I need to change anything as it's the 125 engine I do still have old engine which is the 140bhp, the car wont rev over 2000rpm and sounds like it has a hard cut limiter, I've have 2 faults

P0251:13-AF.      Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A

P0113:17-AF.      IAT ( Intake Air Temperature) sensor 1 Circuit High Input

I've changed them both and still same codes, I've changed most sensors like cam shaft, crankshaft few others also changed plugs and coil packs. Also runs and starts without maf sensor.. changed fuel and still same problem I found smoke coming out of exhaust white smoke smelt fuel and Flexi pipe smokes, 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, SMURFY19 said:

Is the 125 engine same as 140, is it just ecu map, because I have the 140bhp black edition and I think the engine in it now is the 125bhp, I got told that it's ok to put a 125bhp engine in and the mapping side is done by ecu

I was always lead to believe hat the 140 engine had an uprated head gasket and different Turbo to the 125 version and no doubt a different ECU map as well.

I too thought the turbo was different on the 140bhp as I was told it's a different boost pressure.

5 hours ago, Matt Alsop said:

I too thought the turbo was different on the 140bhp as I was told it's a different boost pressure.

Ok I will give that ago

Would it also make a misfire @2000rpm if turbo dosent kick in because that what its doing. I still think it wouldnt be a problem tho being turbo thinking about it I think if it 125bhp engine in the black edition with 140bhp map it's just a smaller turbo so wont be much power 

Can someone tell me

So your car is a 140bhp variant and you've swapped the engine and put in a 125bhp motor? 

On 3/2/2020 at 9:25 PM, Nick_T said:

So your car is a 140bhp variant and you've swapped the engine and put in a 125bhp motor? 

Yeah so it is a 1.0 EcoBoost Black Editon 140bhp I got it from copart. And it had to have new engine and been told that the 125bhp engine fits straight in. From the guy I brought engine off.. I pit engine in and starts first time but now its misfiring on idle and wont go over 2000rpm, sounds like a hard cut limiter when it hits 2000rpm and making a dump valve sound...  I looked at the 140bhp turbo to the 125bhp turbine and they both have the same serial numbers.. the only thing I havent changed yet is injectors but the fault code P0251:13-AF still remains. I need help as wanting it gone as been sat around for about a year 

Needed new engine due to old damage from the 140bhp engine had hole in sump and all pistons in a line as the metal from the sump is stuck in cam and snapped it.. everything else is fine on it like turbo, injectors, every sensor.. but got told the engine I brought is 140bhp but finding out myself its actually 125bhp engine.. I just need to know why it wont rev over 2000rpm and sounds like a hard cut limiter. It wont even drive 

Ah okay that makes so much more sense!

If the engine management light is on it won't allow the engine to rev which will explain why it feels like a limiter is on. Sounds like you have a fueling problem, if the car has been sat around a year have you put any fresh fuel in?

17 hours ago, Nick_T said:

Ah okay that makes so much more sense!

If the engine management light is on it won't allow the engine to rev which will explain why it feels like a limiter is on. Sounds like you have a fueling problem, if the car has been sat around a year have you put any fresh fuel in?

Yeah engine light is on I put a Diagnostic machine on it and its throwing falut 

P0251:13-27 injection pump fuel metering control A

Its had fresh fuel I put in last week I swapped fuel pump and still same problem if it's the only thing I havend changed is injectors would it be them? But it's weird its using alot of fuel

Even with the engine light off after I clear it.. it still misfire hard cut limiter then after a while engine light comes back on 

Ok just found out it is actually a 140bhp engine both the same but do I need to program the high pressure fuel pump. But I have a things to change, either throttle position sensor, acceleration pedal or take it to ford dealership and get them to fix it. It dosent drive properly tou have to leave it 10min to actually drive it but still wont go over 2000rpm

These fault codes remain after a scan tonight. Dont worry about mass air flow sensor its ***** but works when cars warm. 

P0101:31-27 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range / Performance 

P0113:17-27 IAT (Intake Air Temperature) Sensor 1 Circuit High Input. -- but idk where that is.

P0251:13-27 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control A 

I'm going to change injectors that's the last thing to do I've changed absolutely everything on the engine, every sensor even the HP Fuel Pump, I have to unplug maf otherwise car will not start I have a feeling an injector could be leaking and not holding pressure in HP Fuel pump. So injectors is last thing if it not that then I'm gonna take car to a garage not ford.

UPDATE,

I brought everything from ford all new sensors, injectors, coil packs, HP fuel pump, absolutely everything on the engine is new from ford and still the same problem what can I do now 

I think if it were me I'd let a Ford main dealer have a look at it on their diagnostic equipment. I've found before that sometimes the fault codes you read can lead you in the wrong direction. The dealer will know how to interpret the codes they read themselves and hopefully the problem won't be anything too serious. It does sound like you've spent a lot of money and time trying to find the fault. I had a similar issue with a different car about five year ago now and when the main dealer had a look they told me the fault code I had wasn't correct and their own equipment allowed them to find my fault very quickly.

The car wont run with mass sensor plugged in and when you rev it the turbo actuator wont move up and down with it out , as soon as I plug it in the car revs up and down and wants to stall but the actuator moves up and down I did by a sensor but wasnt genuine so I've just brought one from ford and waiting for it to come Friday so will try that. But I have a feeling the turbo dont work

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, Matt Alsop said:

I think if it were me I'd let a Ford main dealer have a look at it on their diagnostic equipment. I've found before that sometimes the fault codes you read can lead you in the wrong direction. The dealer will know how to interpret the codes they read themselves and hopefully the problem won't be anything too serious. It does sound like you've spent a lot of money and time trying to find the fault. I had a similar issue with a different car about five year ago now and when the main dealer had a look they told me the fault code I had wasn't correct and their own equipment allowed them to find my fault very quickly.

Hi, I took it to a garage that my friends owns they charged me £80 for a days labour but they have had the problem before, they found the problem it was something so easy but I couldn't see it. The connector pins for the HP & EVAP was bent so it wasnt touching proberly, all works fine revs over 2000rpm and its deffo been remapped, I took it for a blast down the road and I notice driving home the car didnt have power and would take a little longer getting to rev and take off, I get home lift up the bonnet and when i throttle it, it sounds like a coil pack has gone it sounds like it's only running on 2 cylinders I did have a fault code throw up but no engine light.

P132B-12:6C turbocharger boost control a performance

Can anyone help me on this one.. 

• 3 months later...

by connector pins do you mean just the sensor near the hpfp? did you get the turbo code sorted as well mate?

as far as I know , before 2015 the 125 and the 140 were typical, only ECU map , but starting from 2015 the 125 became similar to the 100, starting from 2015 the 100 and the 125 differs from the 140 regarding cylinder head gasket and the turbocharger, that's why the 125 lost the over boost feature starting from 2015.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club