Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Trouble

saltrock2k

Hi,

I am new here and have a 2010 Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi and 2008 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi

I have not got any issue with the kuga, but if you have any ideas on what to look for in case something starts to happen then please feel free to let me know.

However, I bought my wife the fiesta and she when through a deep puddle. The car conked out straight away and was pushed out. They got it started again, but fear that she may have damaged something. The car smoked a lot when starting anyway and that disappeared after about 2 minutes of driving. It does have a smell of unburnt fuel though. I have tried an EGR cleaner and this has helped and also fuel additive ( Hyda Diesel Power ) and the carbon deposits on the drive have now gone away. When Driving you do not really see any smoke. However, there is poor start up idle, and fine when warm. between 1000 - 1600 rpm it has power issues unless I open up the throttle. Then you don't really notice it. What I do notice is that if I accelerate at a steady pace, you really feel a whom whom feeling like every second the power goes, like there is air in the system on something. 

I have done the following since having the car. 

• Changed turbo as I bought this just before wife went into puddle. Notice old turbo fins broken and massive carbon deposits on exhaust side.
  • Fuel additive to 2 full tanks this month.
  • Wynns EGR cleaner.
  • I have a EGR blanking plate on its way - Is this a good idea with MOT coming up?
  • Changed oil - Fuel Filter - oil Filter - Air Filter - Pollen Filter : oil is very thin and looks contaminated with blow back gases. 

I'm thinking of putting the blanking plate in and then running cheap clean oil in the engine, then flush it twice. Then looking at some decent oil to try and clean the insides.

It runs and has lots of power, just worried that injectors, glow plugs or egr are gone or sticky.

Oh and I have smoke in the crank case that when I disconnect the air intake to the turbo it runs better.

any ideas??

After the incident with the puddle, did you check if the air filter was wet? If it was, did you change it? My thought are IF water was sucked into the engine via the air intake,  then it most likely will have caused damage to either the cylinder head  (valves, rockers) , and/or conrods. Easiest  test will be a compression check. 

As long as the engine did not Hydra Lock(which you would know about) it should settle down, unless you have a damaged a sensor in the lower part of the engine ,Lamba sensors etc ?

Thank you

I have an EGR blanking plate and will look at cleaning that out tonight. I need to drain the oil and put some more fresh oil in. 

@nicam49 I did a complete change, but did not check that filter at the time. Just seems to be caked in Carbon deposits.

I'll let you know if it does anything.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club