Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lambda sensor

Lindley1984

So I think I need a new lambda sensor for 2011 Ford Focus 1.6 tdci, after doing a diagnosis obd2 check it has a fault and on live data shows it’s running at 2.1 volts and from what I have read it should be between 0.1 and 0.9 , I have been quoted £160 to £210 for a new one fitted , but before that I was going to try and take it out and give it a clean , after searching the internet for ages I cannot find its location or any videos it being changed , it is the first sensor before the cat . Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanksB0BD5B46-8A41-4099-8DF9-6CE1B8FA62FB.thumb.png.37aafe042957239dc0542062b05ea133.png

I dont know the answer. Is eml on? Are there any other signs of a problem eg. Runs badly or in limp mode.

I never noticed until I took it for a service and the guy plugged his machine in and he said there is a lambda sensor problem, but it dosent show anything on eml , but I used to get around 500 miles to a tank but only get about 400 now but just put that down to driving conditions and weather, but wanted to try clean it myself before replacing it

Cleaning  it won't fix it, if you check the dtc you've posted up, it shows heater circuit malfunction. Basically there's a heater element inside the sensor which warms up the sensor enabling the sensor to function quicker from a cold start. I'm betting the element has burnt out. It can be checked with a multimeter and do a resistance check. Any good garage should check it first before replacing it. 

If you can take it out your self , why not fit a new one your self? 

Thanks for advice, I don’t know where it is located on my car , can’t seem to find anything on internet.  Found a few videos about petrol focus but nothing for the 1.6 diesel, but like you say if it has burnt out might be better replacing it , or would you leave it until eml came on , as I don’t know if it’s been like it a while or not , i only found out about it after I had car serviced and the guy told me there was something wrong with it 

Also can you see the other two faults about the injectors on the image I posted ,  do u think them faults are due to the lambda sensor or something totally different 

14 hours ago, Lindley1984 said:

Thanks for advice, I don’t know where it is located on my car , can’t seem to find anything on internet.  

It's at the top of the DPF can, under the turbo heatshield.

You'll see the two bright blue wires going to the DPF, those are temp sensors, the lambda is the other one.

The injectors are probably on their way out, they're known to be poor on these engines, you may get those codes for a while before they actually need replacing though.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club