Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit OEM Reverse Cam

oxid8ter

Hi All, newbie here. I just had a question regarding the factory fitted reverse cameras. I have seen some on eBay from salvage yards and the come complete with boot wiring loom. Does anyone know if the Kugas have all required wiring (despite not having the camera option from factory) if i wanted to get this and then plug it in and programme the BCM, or am i better off just going down the aftermarket route?

The reason I ask is because I've seen some people mention on other sites that other models of ford have some of the wiring already in the boot and just need the camera hooked up.

I have a 2017 Kuga ST-Line 2.0 TDCi if that's relevant... 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey! Newbie here also....

I am also interested in finding the answer to this. I just bought a 2019 Kuga ST-Line Edition and i really want to install an OEM camera and connect to the internal unit

Any help appreciated!

J

• 2 months later...

I have fitted a aftermarket reverse camera to my Kuga, and connected it to the sync2 unit. The total cost was £12.

you need to connect the video feed to pins 14 (+) 15  (-) of the APIM unit on the rear of the sync2 unit and then activate the camera with forscan and it will work as the OEM camera.

hope this helps 

Regards Dave 

My camera fitted in centre just above number plate 

A1A35510-C062-4240-9957-459526E878B7.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I've just bought a Kuga ST Line 2017 and I too would like a rear camera fitting and I get the idea you guys are DIY people but I note the mention of programming so a bit put off by that the wiring if given good instructions I might be ok with.

What sort of person/company do I need to supply and do it for me?

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

i used a company called Car Communications to fit a rear view camera to my Cmax and they were very good, just checked and the do a camera for the Kuga and supply and fit approx £600.

• 1 month later...
Il 28/2/2020 alle 15:43, oxid8ter ha detto:

Ciao a tutti, novizio qui. Ho appena fatto una domanda riguardo alle telecamere retromarcia montate in fabbrica. Ho visto alcuni su eBay dai cantieri di salvataggio e il completo con telaio di cablaggio di avvio. Qualcuno sa se i miei cavi hanno tutti i cavi necessari

Il motivo per cui lo chiedo è perché ho visto alcune persone menzionare su altri siti che altri modelli di guado hanno alcuni dei cavi già nel bagagliaio e hanno solo bisogno di collegare la fotocamera.

Ho un KDC ST-Line 2.0 TDCi 2017 se questo è rilevante ... 

Grazie in anticipo per qualsiasi aiuto.

Ciao, tutte le Kuga con Sync 3 hanno già i pin 14/15 collegati. Le estremità di questi si trovano nel sottotetto a sinistra. C'è un grosso connettore con tanti altri fili. Il filo del pin 14 (video +) è di colore Bianco / verde mentre il (video -) è di colore Viola / marrone. La difficoltà è lontana dal filo RCA nel manicotto di gomma sinistra. Io ho tagliato il filo RCA ed ho collegato direttamente ques'ultimo ai 2 fili nel connettore. Bisogna far bene i collegamenti altrimenti il video risulterà disturbato

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club