Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Heated Steering Wheel

sastley

Reserved a 19 plate Mk4 that comes with all the extras, except for a heated steering wheel!!

Will I miss it?! Is it one of the better options to have? Or is it not very good and a waste of time?

Reserved a 19 plate Mk4 that comes with all the extras, except for a heated steering wheel!!

Will I miss it?! Is it one of the better options to have? Or is it not very good and a waste of time?
Have one in my MK3 and find it really good in winter. Must be getting soft in my old age.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once you've had it, you will miss it. I had it on my Mk3.5 Focus, my Fiesta Mk8 was mis-built and came without it and I missed, my Mk4 has it and I use it more than the heated seats.

If you've never had it, I wouldn't worry too much, but for me personally, now I've had it I really missed it when I didn't have it.

• Like 2

After heated windscreens this is one of the best features to have on a car

• Like 4

Yep, my Mk3.5 TitX had the option ticked and I love it. Never thought I'd need a heated steering wheel, but now I'd struggle to buy a car without it. Same for auto gearbox (yea, I'm late to the party on this one).

• Like 2

Yep, my Mk3.5 TitX had the option ticked and I love it. Never thought I'd need a heated steering wheel, but now I'd struggle to buy a car without it. Same for auto gearbox (yea, I'm late to the party on this one).
Ditto.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Really nice if you've spent a freezing, wet day at work.
Nothing worse than cold, stiff fingers.
Combined with heated seats to loosen off my nackered back I find it theraputic, after the drive home I'm less likely to be all siezed up like an old codger.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

loosen off my nackered back

Nothing to do with OP but have to ask..lumber support ...good or bad? 

Thanks for thoughts guys. Would it be enough for you to walk away from the deal then having the option missing?!

I’ve not got the heated wheel. Got the seats tho. But if it ticks all the boxes ....heated steering wheel isn’t essential. These cars heat up real quick anyway. 

Nothing to do with OP but have to ask..lumber support ...good or bad? 
Set to medium firm and left it alone since.
Happy with it overall.

46 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Set to medium firm and left it alone since.
Happy with it overall.

I had mine on full for first 2 weeks..caused me a lot of pain. Got it completely off now. Much better. Back pains different for everybody though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sastley said:

Is it one of the better options to have? Or is it not very good and a waste of time?

If you have Reynaud's, then it is not a luxury, it is essential in Winter, Spring and Autumn! I have one now in my Mk2 Focus, could not drive the car without it.

If you have low blood pressure or poor circulation then it is a huge benefit.

Otherwise, I suspect it is almost completely useless, at least in the UK.

• Like 2

What a coincidence, after a whole lifetime of never experiencing a 'heated wheel'. my neighbour got their new Jaguar XE at the weekend. mmm... toastie, and very quick to heat up LOL However, it didn't come with powerfold door mirrors! I know if I was in charge of the options list which I would have gone for...😀

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2020 at 10:43 PM, Alex.S said:

I had mine on full for first 2 weeks..caused me a lot of pain. Got it completely off now. Much better. Back pains different for everybody though. 

Yes, I have mine fully off in the Fiesta. With a fixed position lumbar support it's really pot luck as to whether it will fall in the right place. I've had a couple of of cars with 4 way electric lumbar support where you could move it to a higher or lower position in the seat back as well as in or out - they were good.

• Like 1

I have the st line x and the wheel is soft amt....materially.  I never fond of to cold in the mornings without being heated.  Now the metal on the gearstick, that's a whole other deal.

no not enough to cancel imo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club