Do Not Sell My Personal Information

park assist

barto

Hello everybody I am a new member and I have just received my new ford focus active vignale 8 speed auto. The problem I have is the park assist if you go to ford website and see the demo of how to use the park assist it shows a video of the driver putting the auto into neutral and let the car take over and park for you. The problem I have it asks me to do everything manually  ie put into reverse. Has anybody had the same problem.

I could be wrong but I think vignale only had park assist 1 as standard. Park assist 2 which does it all is an option.

That said I have park assist 2 as it came with the camera and I've never used it.  Don't trust computers cos I work with them and know how crap they can be.

• Thanks 1

I have manual box and obviously you have to change gear yourself as instructed. However according to the owners handbook the 6 speed auto has to be controlled by the driver but the 8 speed should be controlled by the park assist.

Mind you I had my car for over a year before I even tried it having had it on a Mk3 and thought it a waste of time. I still think it's a waste of time.

Yes I'm mk 4 8 speed auto and it does it all.

I did try it once in a car park but bottled it, it got too close to the cars and all I could see was a hefty insurance claim.

My in-laws are farmers I should get them to set up some bales.

I was watching Britain's Parking Hell a few weeks ago and they'd given a Mk4 to two older people to test the Park Assist…  It looked pretty poor tbh!  Obviously their first attempts were laughable but even after they'd worked it out the car wasn't straight, hit the kerb when parallel and hit a barrier fence when bay parking! :unsure:  

I assume it works perfectly if everything around you is straight and solid, but that's rarely the case around here at least...

I had park assist on my previous car, a Mk5 Mondeo. Tried it once to perpendicular park between 2 cars in a car park. Whilst it parked without hitting anything and  I could get out, my passenger couldn't as it was too close to the car on their side!!

Never used it again, so didnt bother with any option for it on my Focus.

It does work if everything around you is parked properly and the road is straight. It doesn't work very well if parking on a corner or between cars that are parked poorly. When it does work it takes longer to park the car than I take to do it myself. I mainly use it to frighten the wife, she hates it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It worked exactly how it should on my MK5. It goes off the vehicles you are parking with, if they are on the kerb then so are you, if there is a obstacle in your space eg the space is a little narrower then the park assist doesn't sense that and only lines up with the previously parked cars.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Well, I have just bought a 2020 EcoBlue 2.0 Vignale. Everything says it’s 8-spd auto, but park assist is behaving like the manual/6-spd!

the owners guide says i should put it in N and press the button; but the car wants me to put it in R and D myself and do the braking! 

so what’s going in?

There is park assist 1 and 2.  2 does everything and comes with the rear camera convenience pack.  That said you do need to hold the button down all the time.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, TomsFocus said:

I was watching Britain's Parking Hell a few weeks ago and they'd given a Mk4 to two older people to test the Park Assist…  It looked pretty poor tbh!  Obviously their first attempts were laughable but even after they'd worked it out the car wasn't straight, hit the kerb when parallel and hit a barrier fence when bay parking! :unsure:  

I assume it works perfectly if everything around you is straight and solid, but that's rarely the case around here at least...

This was thoroughly entertaining to watch and the end result?  Not quite as bad as I expected!  The old lady loved the car and once she'd disciplined herself not to touch the steering wheel she parked it perfectly using the system.

I've had my car for a year now and still haven't plucked up the courage to try the system.  Only got it because at the time that was the only way I could have a rear camera which I love.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Linds said:

This was thoroughly entertaining to watch and the end result?  Not quite as bad as I expected!  The old lady loved the car and once she'd disciplined herself not to touch the steering wheel she parked it perfectly using the system.

I've had my car for a year now and still haven't plucked up the courage to try the system.  Only got it because at the time that was the only way I could have a rear camera which I love.

Blimey, that post was over a year ago lol.

I've since had the luxury of PA myself... but couldn't get it to work on either MK4 when I tried it.  Just slowly drove past my space with the indicator on not picking up the space...  Probably my fault but I didn't bother any more after the first few failures.

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Blimey, that post was over a year ago lol.

I've since had the luxury of PA myself... but couldn't get it to work on either MK4 when I tried it.  Just slowly drove past my space with the indicator on not picking up the space...  Probably my fault but I didn't bother any more after the first few failures.

I'll have to pluck up the courage and try it on some poor ol' Suffolk car park!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up my 2018 1.5 Vignale in the week, and that came with park assist.  I have literally just tried it out today in a local nearby park.

It worked perfectly for me. Identified a space in a line of parked cars. Told me to stop, select reverse and drive slowly backwards. There was an on screen message telling me to be prepared to brake. Got the stop message and then told to select a forward gear and drive slowly. 

It did this a couple of times until it was nicely parked. 😁 

Nice and easy to use, but whether I would use it in a busy town centre is another matter!

• Like 2

I have it on my MK4 focus.  Went to use it once, bottled it and now I'm trading in I'm not risking it again. 😆

• Haha 2

Had my car a year now and still haven't tried it.😕  

• Like 2

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Buying a car and not being able to park it!!!! Hand ya licence back in on exit, please! 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club