Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mustang Mach-E SUV

TOMondeo94

Hey Guys,

I hope you are having a great weekend?

I was at a launch event of the Mach-E and I was quite impressed with the features this car offers. The range seems to be around the 300 mile mark and 0-60 is sub 7 secs.

I also like the rear 3/4 angle where the roof meets the C pillar, gives that coupe aesthetic. 

I made a video of the event if anyone would like to see the car in more detail, link below:

• 1 year later...

I have watched this video with great interest and also with other videos on you tube and this car's performance is spectacular.

However, you cannot use this cars performance without the proper charging facilities and if you use this this performance you can watch your battery consumption die and with the limited charging within the UK it is not feasible yet. Put it this way if you charged this from flat using a 13 amp plug it would take 1 and half days and at the moment this is not a good reason to go electric.

However, if anybody wants to correct me on this issue, please feel free to submit them.

12 hours ago, john.cope said:

I have watched this video with great interest and also with other videos on you tube and this car's performance is spectacular.

However, you cannot use this cars performance without the proper charging facilities and if you use this this performance you can watch your battery consumption die and with the limited charging within the UK it is not feasible yet. Put it this way if you charged this from flat using a 13 amp plug it would take 1 and half days and at the moment this is not a good reason to go electric.

However, if anybody wants to correct me on this issue, please feel free to submit them.

If people are buying a EV, then they would probably have had a proper charger fitted at home, plugging into a 13A socket would be a last resort or as a top up, you’d also get used to using the apps that show you where charging stations are. For longer journeys a bit more thought and planning is needed.

you won’t use all of the performance all of the time anyway, just like you don’t in your mustang.

It looks amazing. Would love to test drive it.

It gets good reviews, but too big/expensive for me. Some very interesting (in my eyes at least) videos on its engineering here :

It's 1/6 and ongoing.

The cooling system is interesting imo. Munro thinks it's daft and has too many pipes, but surely it would be expected that an established auto manufacturer would re use what it has and what it knows.

Tesla can build literally ground up, but Ford have an established supply chain, they have to squeeze the engineering into what they already have if they want to manufacturer them in any reasonably quantities/price point, obviously over time when/if transition fully to EV these designs will change.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nismex said:

It gets good reviews, but too big/expensive for me. Some very interesting (in my eyes at least) videos on its engineering here :

It's 1/6 and ongoing.

The cooling system is interesting imo. Munro thinks it's daft and has too many pipes, but surely it would be expected that an established auto manufacturer would re use what it has and what it knows.

Tesla can build literally ground up, but Ford have an established supply chain, they have to squeeze the engineering into what they already have if they want to manufacturer them in any reasonably quantities/price point, obviously over time when/if transition fully to EV these designs will change.

That too. The price is too steep me.